What speakers do you have?

dylan43270

I am currently using 2 Onkyo towers that my dad gave me (from the 90s), a Micca MB42x-C center channel, 2 Micca COVO-S rears and a Dayton Sub. I have recently purchased 2 more Micca MB42-C with crossovers and am just going to put those on top of my towers to replace them.

Once I save up enough money I am curious to purchase a full DIY speaker set, most likely the Fusion 8 Alchemy set.

What speakers do you currently have and/or wish you had?

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I am currently using 2 Onkyo towers that my dad gave me (from the 90s), a Micca MB42x-C center channel, 2 Micca COVO-S rears and a Dayton Sub. I have recently purchased 2 more Micca MB42-C with crossovers and am just going to put those on top of my towers to replace them.

Once I save up enough money I am curious to purchase a full DIY speaker set, most likely the Fusion 8 Alchemy set.

M-Audio AV40

I have two 12 year-ish old Sony speakers in an even older Kenwood amp.

I really want a couple of studio monitors from JBL but eh.

A pair of Phonar Micro 2, amp is Sony Super Legato Linear TA-FE300R, AUX goes through a Fischer EQ-273, and I also have a Yamaha CDC-655 5-CD player. Rarely use the CD player though. 

EDIT: Sort of want Jamo 628 though, but in my current living arrangements I have no place for floorspeakers. 

Edited by Lauen

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

:(    

integrated speakers in my asus monitor 

I can'T wait to get them g933's when they come out... im tired of everyone hearing linus doing weird stuff on the internet xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

M-Audio AV40

I have seen people with those and recommending them a lot more recently. Are they awesome?

I have two 12 year-ish old Sony speakers in an even older Kenwood amp.

I really want a couple of studio monitors from JBL but eh.

Well speakers have not changed much since then. My old tower speakers would probably sound better if I refoamed them, but I am too lazy to even try. I also want to use a speaker with more than 60 watts, and matching L/C/R. 

I was really tempted to pick up the LSR305s since they are pretty cheap right now, but it seems like it will be too much work to pair with my sub at my desktop, I will stick with my Miccas for now. 

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Well speakers have not changed much since then. My old tower speakers would probably sound better if I refoamed them, but I am too lazy to even try. I also want to use a speaker with more than 60 watts, and matching L/C/R. 

I was really tempted to pick up the LSR305s since they are pretty cheap right now, but it seems like it will be too much work to pair with my sub at my desktop, I will stick with my Miccas for now. 

The low-end on these speakers suck though, ha.

A pair of Phonar Micro 2, amp is Sony Super Legato Linear TA-FE300R, AUX goes through a Fischer EQ-273, and I also have a Yamaha CDC-655 5-CD player. Rarely use the CD player though. 

EDIT: Sort of want Jamo 628 though, but in my current living arrangements I have no place for floorspeakers. 

Does your source that you use AUX not have a sofware EQ?

:(    

integrated speakers in my asus monitor 

I can'T wait to get them g933's when they come out... im tired of everyone hearing linus doing weird stuff on the internet xD

That sounds sad.

The low-end on these speakers suck though, ha.

Pretty sure a sub could help with that. :P

Home:

PSB Imagine T, Image B25

B&W CM9, 683

Wharfedale Diamond 9.6, 9.3, 9.3 ,9.CM

Polk M20, M10, CSM

Car:

Morel Supremo 602, Elate 502, Hybrid Integra 602

Focal 165 K2P

Infinity Kappa 60.9cs, 62.9i

I have seen people with those and recommending them a lot more recently. Are they awesome?

they are the best price to performance studio monitor/speakers I could find. Only 1/3 the price of the Audioengine A5+, and sound great. Im not an audiophile so they suit me pretty well

Home:

PSB Imagine T, Image B25

B&W CM9, 683

Wharfedale Diamond 9.6, 9.3, 9.3 ,9.CM

Polk M20, M10, CSM

Car:

Morel Supremo 602, Elate 502, Hybrid Integra 602

Focal 165 K2P

Infinity Kappa 60.9cs, 62.9i

Daaaammmnn do you have any pics? 

Does your source that you use AUX not have a sofware EQ?

Yes it does but I find having EQ on the aux line is easier than fiddling around with it on every device I choose to connect to it. I keep EQ mostly flat anyway. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I'm using a logitech z506 5.1 set up. I know im not nearly on the scale of some of you audioheads on here, but it's one of the highest quality systems i've listened to at the <100 price range. 

Daaaammmnn do you have any pics? 

None of them are installed nicely (LOL). I can share some later when I get home.

The 3-series monitors are great value devices. Would you be running a HPF on them?

The 3-series monitors are great value devices. Would you be running a HPF on them?

Hmmm IDK. Would I need to in order to crossover the bass from the sub?

Hmmm IDK. Would I need to in order to crossover the bass from the sub?

It's not always necessary, but it generally helps. If your audio interface supports it, then give it a go.

The Focal Grande Utopia EM is the speaker that I wish I had. There are far more expensive speakers, but the Utopias are really really good when matched well. They are still way beyond my budget.

3%20mayer_focal1.jpg

Much more affordable option: Revel Ultima2 Salon

004.jpg

I have a Bose321 system, it is the worst gift I ever had, because Bose.... sound is okay-ish but the number of inputs + remotecontroll + GUI ....

F*ck Bose.

Yamaha NS-1000M, MJ Acoustics Reference 100 Mk 2 sub, B&W LM1.

Bedroom rig just uses a single pair of B&W LM1 and the stereo in my office has a set of Mission 700s in it.

Adam A5x's and a Sub7 or my desk setup powered by a ASUS Essence One.

My Home Theater setup is far more complex with speakers ranging from the 70's to the 00's but it is now powered by a new Denon Receiver.

A pair of Wharfedale 'Denton' XP2 bookshelf speakers. made in Bradford, serial no. 212.

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3