Luke recommended TrueCrypt in the latest video and said it is still secure -- This is FASLE!

Guest xnaas

On an encryption level, TrueCrypt is completely reliable system, you can trust that the encrypted files are safe. The only problem is the software, even though it is not exposed to the public web, any local processes or environments can effect the program to perform well and obviously use the current holes or unfound ones to do other things that you do not want it to do, like give your process escalated privileges. Just simply moving onto Veracrypt, which will simply updates Truecrypt's encrypted files is a better choice than having buggy software that may not work in your favour in the end.

Please reread your first sentence........

You just contradicted yourself, at first you were saying the opposite and that's what I was replying too.....

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

To be honest truecrypt was probably the least shitty thing about that video.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Luke was still completely correct in saying that TrueCrypt is secure. As far as we know the cryptography behind TrueCrypt has no flaws, the reported "exploits" are just local application exploits - there's no way that an attacker could use a Local Privilege Escalation to break the cryptography behind a TrueCrypt archive.