Fan placement?

Nicholas15

Where should I place my fans in this build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/HrbXcf I want to keep dust to a minimum and cant decide where to place the fans, Im only using the ones that come with the case/cooler but I will be upgrading them soon, thanks!

The fans come preinstalled where they should be. No need to change anything.

They usually are already at the optimal places in the case. You needn't move them.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

They usually are already at the optimal places in the case. You needn't move them.

Good english, alot of people on here don't usually care, Thanks

Good english, alot of people on here don't usually care, Thanks

Alot of People have different native Languages  <_<

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

You should mount at least 1 on the front of the case, so that it blows air to the gpu or something, then it depends on how you mount your cooler. If your cooler is mounted so that the fans pull air inside the case, mount some other fans to pull the air out, create an airflow and if your cooler will be pulling air out, use other fan(s) to blow air towards the cooler. You could also mount the cooler in the front of the case, if it reaches (don't know, doubt it) and then create some other airflow with the case fans.

I have a Fractal Design Arc R2 Midi (excellent case) and I have 1 fan in the front blowing air towards the GPU-ish area, 1 fan on the top blowing air down in front of the CPU cooler - right side of the cooler - and then 1 fan at the rear pulling out the air from the CPU cooler. Then I have 2 fans on my Hyper 212 EVO pulling air thru the cooler towards the back of the case (right to left). Works pretty great.

Alot of People have different native Languages  <_<

Well, I know that, Im just saying

Well, I know that, Im just saying

Hey, we should make a German Language only Day on LTT. I bet i would laugh alot.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Where should I place my fans in this build http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/HrbXcf I want to keep dust to a minimum and cant decide where to place the fans, Im only using the ones that come with the case/cooler but I will be upgrading them soon, thanks!

Put the rad on the top and use the stock config of the fans. You can put the top and rear as exhaust since rad fans influence overall pressure less than case fans, and it comes with 3 front intake fans, which is more than enough

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Leave stock fans to front and remove rear. You will have more than enough exhaust with rad on top.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv