Case for big cooler.

Mr_Daniello

Hey everybody. 

I'm going to install Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.B on my CPU, but I do not know what kind of case to choose. Cooler is quite tall (162 mm) and my old box cannot fit such a big monster :). In the old case where cooler have got height of 159 mm I did custom relief, but in this case I want to let go experimentation :).
So, what kind of case you recommend to this cooler. I don't wanna go crazy in prices, I thought about price of Corsair Graphite Series 230T and lower.

Thank you for any interest. Peace.

Sorry for my low english, but I'm trying my best  ;)

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

I tend to rely on PcPartPicker for compatibility. Add your parts and browse through the cases and it should tell you if it isn't compatible.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I tend to rely on PcPartPicker for compatibility. Add your parts and browse through the cases and it should tell you if it isn't compatible.

Wow. Verry usefull site. Thanks for help. :)

Regards.

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

Wow. Verry usefull site. Thanks for help. :)

Regards.

A nice case at a competitive price is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. That can fit a MASSIVE cooler and is relatively cheap. Definitely worth a look.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

A nice case at a competitive price is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. That can fit a MASSIVE cooler and is relatively cheap. Definitely worth a look.

A piece of good steel but goes beyond my budget.

I search through this site for cases, that wrote user Heathcliff, and I found a few options:
-Fractal Design Core 2300 - cool, clean design without any bells and whistles. I'm not sure of only one thing. Cooler which can mount there may be up to 162 mm, which is cooler comes into contact with the plate. Is it save?
Cooler Master N300 - similar design (but not the same :)) to product Fractal Design. Without cable management, but it is not a problem for me, because I now have housing that also does not have this system, and I got a good airflow.

So, which of these cases would you choose Users ?. If You have any suggestions in this price range, share Your thoughts

A piece of good steel but goes beyond my budget.

I search through this site for cases, that wrote user Heathcliff, and I found a few options:
-Fractal Design Core 2300 - cool, clean design without any bells and whistles. I'm not sure of only one thing. Cooler which can mount there may be up to 162 mm, which is cooler comes into contact with the plate. Is it save?
Cooler Master N300 - similar design (but not the same :)) to product Fractal Design. Without cable management, but it is not a problem for me, because I now have housing that also does not have this system, and I got a good airflow.

So, which of these cases would you choose Users ?. If You have any suggestions in this price range, share Your thoughts

Holy crap, I didn't know about those cases, nice!

The Cooler Master N300 seems like a nice case, but the lack of cable management would be a deal breaker for me. I'd go for the Core 2300, it looks like a good case and DAMN is it cheap! Definitely going to be recommending that for budget builds from here on out.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Holy crap, I didn't know about those cases, nice!

The Cooler Master N300 seems like a nice case, but the lack of cable management would be a deal breaker for me. I'd go for the Core 2300, it looks like a good case and DAMN is it cheap! Definitely going to be recommending that for budget builds from here on out.

About that Cooler Master. There is a cable management, but I'm think it's only reserved for flat cables. Look at that picture. I can see that flat cables (sata, cpu power), and thin (front usb, audio etc.) can go behind. Only thicker cables can't go through holes ( power for motherboard and GPU power). I think i'd go for Cooler Master. Fractal Design is still OK, but I'm afraid that the CPU cooler will interfere with the side wall. Maximum height of cooler that can be mounted is 162 mm. It's exactly the same amount as has Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B. For that Cooler Master can accommodate coolers with a height of 164 mm. It's 2 mm difference, but I will sleep more soundly :D

Thanks for all You'r help and intrest guys. Have a good day all of You.

Peace

About that Cooler Master. There is a cable management, but I'm think it's only reserved for flat cables. Look at that picture. I can see that flat cables (sata, cpu power), and thin (front usb, audio etc.) can go behind. Only thicker cables can't go through holes ( power for motherboard and GPU power). I think i'd go for Cooler Master. Fractal Design is still OK, but I'm afraid that the CPU cooler will interfere with the side wall. Maximum height of cooler that can be mounted is 162 mm. It's exactly the same amount as has Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B. For that Cooler Master can accommodate coolers with a height of 164 mm. It's 2 mm difference, but I will sleep more soundly :D

Thanks for all You'r help and intrest guys. Have a good day all of You.

Peace

Whatever fits your build better. I'd personally go for the Fractal, but everyone is different.

At any rate, have fun building. :)

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

Whatever fits your build better. I'd personally go for the Fractal, but everyone is different.

At any rate, have fun building. :)

Thanks ;). When I'm done assembling everything together to new case I will put some pictures to my profile. I will let You know. ;)

Peace.