hhd vs ssd Read/write limits

Dragontamercos

HEY its the IDIOT again YOU May Notice me

i did a INTERNAL SSD VS EXTERNAL SSD and AN UPDATE that said i could use 75.8 sdcards and 15 drive bays for 40TB of storage them was killed in the comments

well... which one last longer I may be willing to go for 90MB/S as long as it lasts longer then an hhd

TELL ME

also is there a Sd card hub that will support 76 sdcards.....

A human who wants so destroy all else

-demonic satan Duane

Try typing that with proper capitalization and some punctuation and then maybe you will get an answer...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Try typing that with proper capitalization and some punctuation and then maybe you will get an answer...

if this was not the internet and i wasent lazy then i would

-demonic satan Duane

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=biggest+sd+card+hub&safe=off&biw=1920&bih=920&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMImu_KjqmqyAIVhSOmCh3RzAiE

I dont think they make what your looking for.....

-snip-

also is there a Sd card hub that will support 76 sdcards.....

As for your first bit,... makes no sense to me.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

if this was not the internet and i wasent lazy then i would

"Wasn't", not "wasent". Also, capitalize the "I"s and add a period after your sentence. To answer what I can comprehend of your question, no, a bunch of SD cards will not be as good as a bunch of hard drives. Just get SSDs for longevity and speed or a high quality HDD for just the former.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

"Wasn't", not "wasent". Also, capitalize the "I"s and add a period after your sentence. To answer what I can comprehend of your question, no, a bunch of SD cards will not be as good as a bunch of hard drives. Just get SSDs for longevity and speed or a high quality HDD for just the former.

ok i dont fucking care about grammer ITS THE INTERNET anyway

But do they LAST LONGER

-demonic satan Duane

But do they LAST LONGER

Seriously...who could understand that gibberish?

SSD's are reliable as anything...nowadays.

SD cards are as reliable as the warranty offered, but slower than anything...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You mean SD cards which have a significantly lower performance compared to nearly any other storage type.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

But do they LAST LONGER

"OK" is capital. "I" is capital. There is an apostrophe in "don't". Grammar is spelled grammar. Its, the, and internet are not capitalized. Put a period after the end of your sentence. Do not capitalize "last" or "longer" aside from standard rules. Add a question mark at the end of your question. To answer the aforementioned question, no, just get a hard drive. 

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

you know

i re read it

im an idiot BLAME IT On me I ACCEPT MY BAD GRAMEMR/SPELLING SKILLS

i also accept that this site has no spell check

-demonic satan Duane

you know

i re read it

im an idiot BLAME IT On me I ACCEPT MY BAD GRAMEMR/SPELLING SKILLS

i also accept that this site has no spell check

Oh, so is it impossible for you to improve? If you put in some effort and try to make yourself more understandable, you will see some gains in your skills. If you need to, take advice from others and practice! The nice man who posted above you is already giving you tips, so it would do you well to make use of them. Trust me, it really isn't that difficult to type properly once you get the hang of it.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

~snip~

Hey there Dragontamercos,

SD cards are not really designed for main massive storage or for running in larger drive pools. I don't think there's a big-enough card hub as the one that you need. For massive storage I would stick to regular HDDs, make sure there's redundancy for your data, check the health of your drive pool regularly and always have backups of your important data on other storage drives that are not connected to your main storage place. :)
For 40TB of storage you can easily do 12 WD Red Pro 4TB drives in RAID6 and you would have great speeds, 2-drive failure tolerance and good massive storage pool. :) Here's more info on the drives: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=HMbdal

Feel free to ask if you happen to have questions :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/