Need help with my power supply and gpu HELP!

GamerGuyEbby

So i recently bought a msi radeon r9 270 and when I got it I read the back of the box and it said 500 watt or greater power supply. I was kind of worried when I first installed it. But when I put it in it worked. I am using an antec vp450 watt power supply. So..... yeah. I ran it in csgo and it worked, there was some flickering (barely noticeable). I looked on other forums to see what others have said about the topic and they were pretty big differences in wattage (like 200) while mine is only 50 watt difference. So my question is will it kill any of my components at all? Thank you! 

I think 450W is gonna be perfectly fine for a 270, its not a very hungry card.

It would help to know what else youve got running in your system.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You will be fine. Most GPUs recommended power supplies are over the amount actually needed.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Well the other components are ASUS H97m-plus motherboard, Intel Pentium G3220, some WD 300gb hard drive, some optical drive, Crucial Ballistix 8gb kit, that's pretty much it.