Aida64 vs. x264 16T?

CC268

Hey guys,

I am a bit overwhelmed with all the CPU stress testing software. It seems the x264 is sort of the recommended program over on OCN, but I hear a lot of good things about AIDA64 as well. What are your guys' thoughts?

Thanks

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

All of the above.

I did a 5 hour run of AIDA64 and my overclock passed, did one maxed out run of HWBot x265 Benchmark and it failed.

The best thing to do if you're overclock is set aside at least 12 - 24 hours to run multiple stress tests.

AIDA64

x264

x265

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

OCCT (Large data set)

Prime95 v27.6 (latest versions are killer on new cpus)

Cinebench

Then you'll know 100% if your OC is stable.

Wow that sounds quite time consuming haha, but thanks for that info I guess I will run multiple tests. Just wasn't sure if there was a select few that were best or not.

Thanks again!

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |