24k GOLD gtx750ti evga ac2.0 cooler

The video card is done, letting the clear coat seal and dry for 48 hours before i mount it on the card.

20151004_175458.jpg

20151004_175447.jpg

20151004_175340.jpg

I could be wrong but I don't actually think good is a good heat transfer material. Usually there is a connect between electrical conductance and heater transfer where the better conductor the better for heat as well. Copper is about the best which is what old radiators were made of but the downside is weight. Silver I believe is the second best but expensive and the aluminum is somewhere is like too 5. Gold is good at a clean electrical conductance (low emi) cause it is kind of an insulator so I am not so sure how well that cooler is going to cool wrapping it in gold.

I could be wrong but I don't actually think good is a good heat transfer material. Usually there is a connect between electrical conductance and heater transfer where the better conductor the better for heat as well. Copper is about the best which is what old radiators were made of but the downside is weight. Silver I believe is the second best but expensive and the aluminum is somewhere is like too 5. Gold is good at a clean electrical conductance (low emi) cause it is kind of an insulator so I am not so sure how well that cooler is going to cool wrapping it in gold.

I assume it's a liquid cooler, right?

So it should just be moving the heat away to the rad, where it will actually be dissipating the heat into the air?

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

Should have little to no effect on the cooling, as its just the shroud thats covered.

I assume it's a liquid cooler, right?

So it should just be moving the heat away to the rad, where it will actually be dissipating the heat into the air?

Idk what you both are talking about... the gold isnt transfering heat or liquid cooling, its just looks?

Oh sorry I thought you were gold plating the heatsink. Never mind my mistake

Oh sorry I thought you were gold plating the heatsink. Never mind my mistake

Actually gold is better than copper for conductivity. Tge only reason gold isn't used is because of cost. So gold plating the heatsink might actually have a negligeable improvement on performance.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

Actually gold is better than copper for conductivity. Tge only reason gold isn't used is because of cost. So gold plating the heatsink might actually have a negligeable improvement on performance.

Well i only did the plastic cooler, not the heatsink.... not that a 750ti would need any extra thermal help lol