Does anyone else wait to play a game till they have a computer that can run it on high?

CatzRuleZWorld

I have a 750Ti and I started playing tomb raider but I only get 20-35FPS on high settings so I stopped playing it. I'll most likely finish it when I get something better. Anyone else do this even when they CAN play the game at lowish settings?

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

No. That's kinda weird. Lol

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Not really, up until a year ago I was still playing stuff on 768p and mid to low settings on a GTX 260. It would have never run Witcher 3 or GTA V so it was about the perfect timing for an upgrade but I usually expect my rigs to have 3 to 4 years of use before I upgrade, at least.

-------

Current Rig

-------

no not really

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

nope, I play Skyrim on medium settings on a not so stable 30fps, but still enjoy it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No, hardware shouldn't limit you from playing what you want to play right now IMO. If the game is good then you should be able to enjoy it regardless of settings and framerate.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Yes. Mainly because I get 10 fps on CS:go on low.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

no that's pretty damn stupid in my opinion. That's like getting a car and hoping it drives like a Ferrari but it doesn't so you don't drive your car anymore until you purchase a Ferrari.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

no that's pretty damn stupid in my opinion. That's like getting a car and hoping it drives like a Ferrari but it doesn't so you don't drive your car anymore until you purchase a Ferrari.

Well played

I have a 750Ti and I started playing tomb raider but I only get 20-35FPS on high settings so I stopped playing it. I'll most likely finish it when I get something better. Anyone else do this even when they CAN play the game at lowish settings?

How in the world do you get 20-35FPS?

My 750Ti runs Shadow of Mordor 60FPS Medium settings.

I think your problem is you wanna play at eye candy near max settings. Turn those settings down and you are good.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Ya, was planing out a new build and put off Witcher 3.

How in the world do you get 20-35FPS?

My 750Ti runs Shadow of Mordor 60FPS Medium settings.

I think your problem is you wanna play at eye candy near max settings. Turn those settings down and you are good.

Exactly. I want to play it so it looks good because that's part of the game I want to experience.

No, hardware shouldn't limit you from playing what you want to play right now IMO. If the game is good then you should be able to enjoy it regardless of settings and framerate.

Since I want to play league about equally I just play that instead so it's not stopping me from having fun.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Well I had started playing Tomb Raider previously on my old PC - i3 2100 + GT 440 - I was able to play it on 1280x720 and low settings with a good avarage fps but I couldn't enjoy the game to it's fullest, graphics wise. Now when I have gotten myself a new one, I'm finally back to playing it.

So long story's short, yes.

Exactly. I want to play it so it looks good because that's part of the game I want to experience.

Since I want to play league about equally I just play that instead so it's not stopping me from having fun.

You play with what you got. Shadow of Mordor still looks great, I am more then greatful for what I am able to get my hands on. I am 14, and I paid $140 for my 750Ti that took 3 1/2 months to save up for. Just play with what you have. The time will come when you can play games at max settings.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Yes, I am in the process of building a new gaming rig to finally delve into the games that have been catching my eye. I am investing in a gaming experience setup and I don't want to play a game that would be frelling awesome on it, when it would look (or maybe not even run) bleh using my current setup that serves as a great platform for old RPG's and maybe WOW and SWTOR.

"Instant gratification" gaming isn't my thing, so I don't mind putting the experience off until I can have it an a more ideal delivery.

Updated desired build

Considering I played skyrim on my 6 year old compaq on the intel hd graphics, no...

My PC upgrades are not frequent enough to wait for.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd