MSI or ASUS 970?

Takizawa
Go to solution Solved by Hman1250,

MSI has one of the best coolers in the video card industry, with their twin frozr coolers. If you want the best performance, than the G1 Gaming from gigabyte will do you that

I know that the GTX 970 is usually left behind for the R9 390, but the 390 is a little out of price range, and I'm wondering if ASUS or MSI make a better 970 GPU than Nvidia. Thanks for your time ^^ 

I know that the GTX 970 is usually left behind for the R9 390, but the 390 is a little out of price range, and I'm wondering if ASUS or MSI make a better 970 GPU than Nvidia. Thanks for your time ^^ 

the 390 is cheaper...

The Gigabyte G1 is the best 970, get that if you can. If not, then the Msi card. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

the 390 is cheaper...

Not from where I have to buy... I have to buy from a nearby store, not a online source.

Out of those, the MSI. I think the Asus is incredibly ugly.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Not from where I have to buy... I have to buy from a nearby store, not a online source.

Oh, my bad lol

MSI has one of the best coolers in the video card industry, with their twin frozr coolers. If you want the best performance, than the G1 Gaming from gigabyte will do you that

If you can, get the gigabyte 970 (g1 edition would be a bonus).  I dont know much about the other two but it seems people are saying msi (which i sort of agree due to reading that the asus strix coolers are not the best cooling).

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Oh, my bad lol

It's alright, I should've stated that in the topic :P

the msi twin frozer serie are realy powerfull, i recommend you and msi gpu for the job

Thanks dude, I have finally made up my mind to get the MSI 970

The msi twin frozr 5 is really good