Razer mamba is squeaky

Yuval

As title says, when i scroll the mouse emits a high pitched squeak. Is this RMA worthy? Keep in mind this will be the second mamba i RMA

:/

Any Razer product is RMA worthy.

If i knew that before i got this pile of junk... 

RMA it. Razer Mambas pretty often have squeaky scroll wheels.

Typical Razer quality.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Yeah i'll try and switch it for a Logitech MX master. Closest thing to a G602 i can find

As title says, when i scroll the mouse emits a high pitched squeak. Is this RMA worthy? Keep in mind this will be the second mamba i RMA

RMA it. Razer Mambas pretty often have squeaky scroll wheels.

Typical Razer quality.

I was actually planning on getting the razer mamba tournament edition, should i not get it? (still might get no matter what, but want to hear your opinions).

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

lol that was a good one :lol:

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I was actually planning on getting the razer mamba tournament edition, should i not get it? (still might get no matter what, but want to hear your opinions).

No get the Logitech Master

( or Mionix NAOS 7000 or Zowie mouses. Zowie and Mionix have the highest quality to me with Logitech and Corsair in second )

This is coming from someone who owns Razer products.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I had two mambas, the battery life is shit and not as advertised, and that is if it even works wirelessly. I use mine plugged in at all time. Stay away from razer

It's still fairly new so we still don't know if it has the tendency to break. If you want a decent mouse with the same shape get a Deathadder, it's a better mouse in general. Synapse is shit though.

Other better and cheaper mice are Steelseries Rival, Mionix NAOS 7000, Castor, Logitech G502/402, Zowie ZA11/12/13.

( or Mionix NAOS 7000 or Zowie mouses. Zowie and Mionix have the highest quality to me with Logitech and Corsair in second )

Are they wired, lazer sensor, does not have buttons under you fingers, and a not so plastic feel while still good for small hands? (those are what im looking for.  The button under finger means i dont want my finger resting on a button, i would prefer to reach for one).

-Made In Canada

Are they wired, lazer sensor, does not have buttons under you fingers, and a not so plastic feel while still good for small hands? (those are what im looking for.  The button under finger means i dont want my finger resting on a button, i would prefer to reach for one).

^^^^^^^^^^

It's still fairly new so we still don't know if it has the tendency to break. If you want a decent mouse with the same shape get a Deathadder, it's a better mouse in general. Synapse is shit though.

Other better and cheaper mice are Steelseries Rival, Mionix NAOS 7000, Castor, Logitech G502/402, Zowie ZA11/12/13.

the post above has my requirements.

-Made In Canada

Same goes for Steelseries, I had Sensei. Meant to be "pure epicness", turned into pain in the ass. Squeaking scroll wheel and coating of the mouse was coming off after like 1 month of use.

Don't buy those Razer, Steelseries stuff, it is not worth the money.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

I had two mambas, the battery life is shit and not as advertised, and that is if it even works wirelessly. I use mine plugged in at all time. Stay away from razer

Im talking about the fully wired mamba.

-Made In Canada

Well look into the dimensions of the Mionix NAOS 7000 or Mionix Castor, ( same mouse ) and see if it is right for you. Zowie, as I mentioned has quality mice. Look at reciews for them also.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Mionix Castor? It's not laser, but optical sensors are superior.

Superior???  I believe not.  More common?  Yes.  Ive heard way more benifits from laser than optical.  Im just saying, optical is not for me.

-Made In Canada

I have a Razer Ouroboros, and it's been fine for nearly a year now with no problems... I guess I might've just gotten a good unit and they could still have bad quality control. From Amazon reviews, it does look like the Mamba has firmware problems right now, but the squeaking doesn't seem to be common, so if I was going to get one I would wait until that's worked out. Also, according to a Newegg reviewer who's also owned an Ouroboros, the build quality doesn't feel as good as previous Razer mice, so maybe their quality is degrading.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I have a Razer Ouroboros, and it's been fine for nearly a year now with no problems... I guess I might've just gotten a good unit and they could still have bad quality control. From Amazon reviews, it does look like the Mamba has firmware problems right now, but the squeaking doesn't seem to be common, so if I was going to get one I would wait until that's worked out. Also, according to a Newegg reviewer who's also owned an Ouroboros, the build quality doesn't feel as good as previous Razer mice, so maybe their quality is degrading.

xD i was also planning on getting the razer tartarus.  (not a razer fanboy, i just heard there stuff is comfy)

-Made In Canada

Well look into the dimensions of the Mionix NAOS 7000 or Mionix Castor, ( same mouse ) and see if it is right for you. Zowie, as I mentioned has quality mice. Look at reciews for them also.

Both optical sensors.  Yes the dimensions may be fine but i see similar dimensions in the castor and mamba TE.

Edited by Made In Canada

-Made In Canada

Both optical sensors.  Yes the drmensions may be fine but i see similar dimensions in the castor and mamba TE.

Optical sensors today are amazing. There truly is barely a difference. Just try the Castor. Anything is better then Razer.

Optical sensors today are amazing. There truly is barely a difference. Just try the Castor. Anything is better then Razer.

I dont know, let me see what others think.  Thanks for the suggestion.

-Made In Canada

Gaming grade optical sensors feature no acceleration whatsoever and are perfect for competitive games. Also they are less picky about the surface. The only benefit of a laser sensor I can think of is that they track on glass and uneven surface.

You can check this chart. The Castor uses the same PAW3310 as the Naos 7000 and it's considered as one of the best gaming grade sensors on the market.

Okay, so after awhile i came back and gave the mionix a fair chance and well you two were right, i really actually like the types of mouses they make.  However, this does not mean i dont want a laser sensor for my possible future glass desk.  My question is this, is the mionix 5000 okay?

Sorry for delay and previous ignorance.

-Made In Canada

Okay, so after awhile i came back and gave the mionix a fair chance and well you two were right, i really actually like the types of mouses they make.  However, this does not mean i dont want a laser sensor for my possible future glass desk.  My question is this, is the mionix 5000 okay?

Sorry for delay and previous ignorance.

As for the glass part, a nice mouse pad will always be better. Also the 5000.. Um. Let me look into it.