Pump/Res question

Continuing from this topic:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/460825-pumpres-combo-question/#entry6184250

So, I was not able to find the XSPC pump/res in the UK. Would this fit in an Air 540?

1996335-a.jpg

It is the EK-BAY DCP 2.2 Combo Unit and is £70 ($106) and yes I know that the pump has to sit as low as possible.

That pump is loud as hell, get the XSPC with the D5 it's a massive improvement.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Continuing from this topic:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/460825-pumpres-combo-question/#entry6184250

So, I was not able to find the XSPC pump/res in the UK. Would this fit in an Air 540?

It is the EK-BAY DCP 2.2 Combo Unit and is £70 ($106) and yes I know that the pump has to sit as low as possible.

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/XSPC-Nylon-Dual-525-Reservoir-Inc-Laing-D5-VarioTacho-Black_29803.html

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

1996335-a.jpg

It is the EK-BAY DCP 2.2 Combo Unit and is £70 ($106) and yes I know that the pump has to sit as low as possible.

Yes, if you orientate it so the fillport is up and pump down it will work.

Yes the d5 is a better pump but i get the feeling its out of your pricerange?

Yes, if you orientate it so the fillport is up and pump down it will work.

Yes the d5 is a better pump but i get the feeling its out of your pricerange?

Said he couldn't find it, not that it was out of his price range, link provided to an in stock unit. Can vouch for that unit as I have one and performs well.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Said he couldn't find it, not that it was out of his price range, link provided to an in stock unit. Can vouch for that unit as I have one and performs well.

In the original threat he was talking about the XSPC 700 pump not the d5. The 700 is significantly cheaper and the DCP is already a big step up

In the original threat he was talking about the XSPC 700 pump not the d5. The 700 is significantly cheaper and the DCP is already a big step up

He would be better getting the D5 then if he changes his loop he can just keep the pump going. Once you go D5, you'll never need anything else.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Although @MrDankFuPanda seems to have switched to the d5 int this newer thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/461303-water-cooling/

As a happy d5 users I do agree with you @Benji_w , but a d5 is not in everyones pricerange. Might not have applied here but it is still true xD

I understand what you're saying but, you can pick up D5's used, I picked up a brand new D5 and res that I linked to for £50 plus postage with a metal coupling ring and a black nickel fill port cap included... Just because a shop is selling something new for a set price doesn't mean you can't find a deal if you actually look.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I understand what you're saying but, you can pick up D5's used, I picked up a brand new D5 and res that I linked to for £50 plus postage with a metal coupling ring and a black nickel fill port cap included... Just because a shop is selling something new for a set price doesn't mean you can't find a deal if you actually look.

I know, but I prefer to think in retail prices seeing they are consistant. Not all secondhand stuff is as good as it seems. Plus a DCP is probably easier and cheaper to find seeing people ten to upgrade them alot more xD

But lets not argue over this, I have bought secondhand/new stuff from people as well, have had good and bad experiences. I just like to think in terms of retail prices and as soon as I start looking where to buy find the best deal with an expectable amount of risk. Not everybody is comfortable with buying from strangers on the internet.

Also I prefer to answer questions asked instead of offering an unrelated answer.  

I know, but I prefer to think in retail prices seeing they are consistant. Not all secondhand stuff is as good as it seems. Plus a DCP is probably easier and cheaper to find seeing people ten to upgrade them alot more xD

But lets not argue over this, I have bought secondhand/new stuff from people as well, have had good and bad experiences. I just like to think in terms of retail prices and as soon as I start looking where to buy find the best deal with an expectable amount of risk.

Nothing to say the retail product wouldn't be damaged or DOA, it's a risk anyway so I see it pointless in caring. The DCP is up on ebay for half the price sure but all of them have loud pumps, buy shit twice, buy good once.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Nothing to say the retail product wouldn't be damaged or DOA, it's a risk anyway so I see it pointless in caring. The DCP is up on ebay for half the price sure but all of them have loud pumps, buy shit twice, buy good once.

Yeah but from a retailer 99% of doa's are solved also your protected by waaaay more laws and shit. Buying from a private person is the bigger risk.

I love the d5, Highly recommend it. But if somebody if a particular bayres will work I answer that question before trying to getting him on a more expensive different product all together.

If this thread was "Which is the better pump" all your points would be valid. However the question was "will this work" and the answer is "yes, but have you considered getting a d5?"

Yeah but from a retailer 99% of doa's are solved also your protected by waaaay more laws and shit. Buying from a private person is the bigger risk.

I love the d5, Highly recommend it. But if somebody if a particular bayres will work I answer that question before trying to getting him on a more expensive different product all together.

If this thread was "Which is the better pump" all your points would be valid. However the question was "will this work" and the answer is "yes, but have you considered getting a d5?"

Okay then I change my answer, Yes it will work, but the noise the pump makes will drive you insane and you'll end up buying a D5.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I can post much more if you like....

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

--snip--

I can post much more if you like....

I am familiar with the DCP pump and all its flaws. But you must agree with me that its better than say alphacool's dc-lt. Its a stepping stone to the d5 in my opinion and a common way of getting started with a custom loop.

And you must also recognize that some people prefer buying from an established retailer, even though it's more expensive than buying from a consumer.

Regardless we have gotten so far off topic that OP has already switched to a D5 silently in the thread I linked to earlier and doesnt care anymore. Let's agree to disagree and otherwise I invite you to discuss this at length in DM. We are starting to look like two teenagers having a d*ck measuring competition to the rest of the forum. xD

I am familiar with the DCP pump and all its flaws. But you must agree with me that its better than say alphacool's dc-lt. Its a stepping stone to the d5 in my opinion and a common way of getting started with a custom loop.

And you must also recognize that some people prefer buying from an established retailer, even though it's more expensive than buying from a consumer.

Regardless we have gotten so far off topic that OP has already switched to a D5 silently in the thread I linked to earlier and doesnt care anymore. Let's agree to disagree and otherwise I invite you to discuss this at length in DM. We are starting to look like two teenagers having a d*ck measuring competition to the rest of the forum. xD

there is good and bad advice, saying to buy the DCP 2.2 is bad advice, a D5 is good advice, a mistake I learned from. I agree the D5 is a good pump but I disagree with your advice to buy the DCP.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken