MGS not performing

ericlindstrom

I got MGSV with my EVGA 970 GTX when I bought my new computer. When I tried it out it didn't perform well. Even on lowest settings I barely get over what feels like 30fps. So I checked around youtube for reviews to see if it was just the PC-version of the game that was bad but it seemed fine. One guy said he also played with a 970 and he got around 60fps even at 1080p. I can't think of what's wrong so if you can help me, I'd be grateful. Here's my rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RHrGgs

Help is much appreciated! Sincerely,

a noob

Ya to be honest MGS5 is quite stellar performing I got some issues with it but I think its cause my cards are a bit on the dated side, what CPU do you have? MGS is quite cpu dependant. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Check your settings to make sure it is not set to 30fps locked mode and v-sync is disabled.

something must be up with your drivers or settings.  i rarely dip below 60fps@1080p on my 970strix with settings maxed(minus some AA and other things i dont like)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

check drivers. Check frame limit. Check that you don't have AA maxed or super sampling enabled.

Open Nvidia G-force Experience and load the optimized settings to help clear any errors your may have missed in your settings. There is no reason your rig shouldn't be capping the 60 fps mark maxed out aside from AA filters and super sampling.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

Your specs are higher than mine and I fund it at 60FPS with no drop, ever.

Ensure vsync is off and frame rate is set to auto (60 fps lock)

I use a Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 as well. 8g of Ram and i5 4690 (non-K)

As many others have said, ensure gfx drivers are up to date. They're pretty major.

Something is definitely up with drivers or settings. My old GTX 770 is handling it just fine with most settings maxed. The game auto sets only 2 settings down to medium. I get 60FPS at 1920x1200 about 95% of the time. I get very mild dips only occasionally.

Do you have all drivers installed ?

something must be up with your drivers or settings.  i rarely dip below 60fps@1080p on my 970strix with settings maxed(minus some AA and other things i dont like)

check drivers. Check frame limit. Check that you don't have AA maxed or super sampling enabled.

Open Nvidia G-force Experience and load the optimized settings to help clear any errors your may have missed in your settings. There is no reason your rig shouldn't be capping the 60 fps mark maxed out aside from AA filters and super sampling.

Your specs are higher than mine and I fund it at 60FPS with no drop, ever.

Ensure vsync is off and frame rate is set to auto (60 fps lock)

I use a Gigabyte G1 Gaming 970 as well. 8g of Ram and i5 4690 (non-K)

As many others have said, ensure gfx drivers are up to date. They're pretty major.

Something is definitely up with drivers or settings. My old GTX 770 is handling it just fine with most settings maxed. The game auto sets only 2 settings down to medium. I get 60FPS at 1920x1200 about 95% of the time. I get very mild dips only occasionally.

Device manager says my drivers are all good... Not sure what to do

hows your cpu/gpu/ram usage while you're playing?  your specs are good enough that you shouldnt be getting bottle necked, but SOMETHING isnt set right if you're getting that low framerate

EDIT:@ericlindstrom  dont forget to follow your own topics

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.