1440p with a GTX770?

qwertx

I currently have a bit of spare money so I thought about upgrading my Displays.

Right now my setup is a Phillips 227E (1080p@60Hz) and an old HP w2216(1050p@60Hz).

I was thinging about getting an Acer G257HU 1440p Monitor to use that as my primary and keep the Phillips one as secondary. 

My only concern here really is that the GTX770 (Palit) does not have enough horsepower to drive the two displays .. 

Anyone here owning a GTX770? What displays do you have? Do you think this would work?

Right now my setup is a Phillips 227E (1080p@60Hz) and an old HP w2216(1050p@60Hz).

I was thinging about getting an Acer G257HU 1440p Monitor to use that as my primary and keep the Phillips one as secondary. 

My only concern here really is that the GTX770 (Palit) does not have enough horsepower to drive the two displays .. 

Anyone here owning a GTX770? What displays do you have? Do you think this would work?

linus even made a specific video for it :P

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

linus even made a specific video for it :P

That's old tho - current games are a LOT more demanding.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Try downsampling in your games. If your experience is unpleasent then you know what to expect on real 2560p

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

As an 770 user, I would say for productivity this setup is fine, but for gaming you'd be forced to use 1080p monitor cuz the GPU is just too weak (for AAA games)

"Euler was a mathematical gangster" - Prof. Edwards Frenkel

As a former gtx 770 user, I would say: don't expect very much from this card at 1440p with newer games. I ran into some issues with 1080p gaming (it is because I am very sensitive to micro stuttering though and fps).