H100i Direction

The Australian summer's coming up, and I'm exploring ways to try and drop my temps. Right now I'm using the Corsair 500R, which has 2 frontal intakes, one on the side and then an exhaust in the top-left. I've also got a 270x crossfire running, pushing air upwards. The manual for the H100i told me to push air in through the top of the case, through the radiator, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's better to have the fans pushing air out and then through the radiator. Opinions?

The Australian summer's coming up, and I'm exploring ways to try and drop my temps. Right now I'm using the Corsair 500R, which has 2 frontal intakes, one on the side and then an exhaust in the top-left. I've also got a 270x crossfire running, pushing air upwards. The manual for the H100i told me to push air in through the top of the case, through the radiator, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's better to have the fans pushing air out and then through the radiator. Opinions?

Put it wherever you'll have the least heat going through the rad. Also, I forgot that the Southern Hemisphere has Summer when we have Winter...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Put it wherever you'll have the least heat going through the rad. Also, I forgot that the Southern Hemisphere has Summer when we have Winter...

Ah okay. So it's best to keep a single exhaust in terms of overall cooling? This is my build right now:

Be14pB5.jpg

Ah okay. So it's best to keep a single exhaust in terms of overall cooling? This is my build right now:

For the most part. You'll typically want positive pressure inside your case. This is achieved by having more intake than exhaust. Have that fan on the back of your case blow air out and have the fans on your rad blow air in.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC