Premier Pro noobie help?

Octavialicious
Go to solution Solved by wyattzx,

Since the footage is 720p, you're seeing it at 100% scale; essentially placing it inside of a 1080p "window." You'll need to scale the footage up in order to suppress the bars, and that can be done through here:

R3FYZhy.png

For 720p footage, you'll want to set your scale to 150%.

Hey all, I have to make a video for school and after 1 minute I've already hit a big bump. All of the video clips are in 1080p but one, and it's 720p I believe. All of the files look fine, but this one is smaller and has black bars around it since it's lower res. When I export it, will it keep the black bars? Or do I have to do something to make it stretch? Thanks!

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I am also a Premiere noob and I got around this by tweaking settings around the preview part of the software. Keep in mind that my problem was a mix of UHD and 1080p and the 2160p was cropped.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Since the footage is 720p, you're seeing it at 100% scale; essentially placing it inside of a 1080p "window." You'll need to scale the footage up in order to suppress the bars, and that can be done through here:

R3FYZhy.png

For 720p footage, you'll want to set your scale to 150%.