Best Free PC Software Protection?

Made In Canada

So while im excited at the though of building my first pc, i completely forgot about what software im going to install to protect it.  I wont have much money left after the pc and dont have a steady paying job so paying for antiviris/malware is not really an option.

Now onto the question.  What is the best single (or combo of) software to protect my pc?  I personally dont plan to go onto many unknown websites (just youtube, LTT, maybe a few pc websites such as pcpartpicker or newegg, etc).  A bonus would be if they dont "remember" your passwords (i dont know if they do that but just making sure in case i delete them).

Any help or advise would be appreciated and sorry for all the requests.  (if there is an argument of what is better, showing proof would be amazing)

Sorry if this is the wrong catagory.

Edited by Made In Canada

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

So while im excited at the though of building my first pc, i completely forgot about what software im going to install to protect it.  I wont have much money left after the pc and dont have a steady paying job so paying for antiviris/malware is not really an option.

Now onto the question.  What is the best single (or combo of) software to protect my pc?  I personally dont plan to go onto many unknown websites (just youtube, LTT, maybe a few pc websites such as pcpartpicker or newegg, etc).  A bonus would be if they dont "remember" your passwords (i dont they do that but just making sure in case i delete them).

Any help or advise would be appreciated and sorry for all the requests.  (if there is an argument of what is better, showing proof would be amazing)

Sorry if this is the wrong catagory.

you can pick up cheap full license anti-virus for around $10 off ebay thats how i buy mine (with disc, etc).

or/

run anti-malwarebytes free version periodically and manually run files off the net

supplement with ccleaner for registry/local cache/etc

and can further leave windows defender on as well.

this shoudl be enough for you

you can pick up cheap full license anti-virus for around $10 off ebay thats how i buy mine (with disc, etc).

or/

run anti-malwarebytes free version periodically and manually run files off the net

supplement with ccleaner for registry/local cache/etc

and can further leave windows defender on as well.

this shoudl be enough for you

Ive heard of the other 2, but what is ccleaner?

-Made In Canada

Does this work for antiviris too?  (i heard antiviris and antimalware are two different things)

-Made In Canada

Does this work for antiviris too?  (i heard antiviris and antimalware are two different things)

Leave it at this, if there's something on your computer that may harm it, Malwarebytes will find it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This thing is useless unless you already have a virus. It's not realtime protection.

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

Leave it at this, if there's something on your computer that may harm it, Malwarebytes will find it.

Awesome, say no more except for two more things (sorry).  1. Can i run it with other "anti" applications?  2. Is it fully safe if i have personal info on my pc?

-Made In Canada

Awesome, say no more except for two more things (sorry).  1. Can i run it with other "anti" applications?  2. Is it fully safe if i have personal info on my pc?

Yes and yes.

EDIT: 500th post! Congrats ^_^ Now you can have a member title!

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This thing is useless unless you already have a virus. It's not realtime protection.

So it will only help if i run the program every now and then (maybe even every night?)

-Made In Canada

Yes and yes.

EDIT: 500th post! Congrats ^_^ Now you can have a member title!

Im getting it and im getting it.

Yes! :) Thank You.

-Made In Canada

Okay, so as an example, i wuold use this for real-time protection but have malwarebytes in case anything gets by.  (would panda security work if i have malwarebytes installed?)

-Made In Canada

Okay, so as an example, i wuold use this for real-time protection but have malwarebytes in case anything gets by.  (would panda security work if i have malwarebytes installed?)

Yeah, and if you've never heard of CCleaner, you should install that. It will clean a lot of files without deleting anything important. Make sure to choose what you want to clean, if you don't what Chrome extension settings deleted, history, etc.

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

Ive heard of the other 2, but what is ccleaner?

it is an application that can find things like registry edits/issues/etc.

It can further free up space on your drive by deleting things such as cookie, app cache, etc for a wide variety of windows programs and external vendor programs. It also works as a uninstaller and has a few other functions - https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

i have been using the free program for years with nil issues and works perfect for what it does

it is an application that can find things like registry edits/issues/etc.

It can further free up space on your drive by deleting things such as cookie, app cache, etc for a wide variety of windows programs and external vendor programs. It also works as a uninstaller and has a few other functions - https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

i have been using the free program for years with nil issues and works perfect for what it does

Okay, and how often would i run it.

-Made In Canada

Okay, and how often would i run it.

for your antivirus because it has no realtime protection i would run it whever downloading a file from the internet and intermittantly weekly basis (can even set up a tasking to run the scan)

for ccleaner you can run it every now and then, once you get into using it regularly you might run it whenever your just sitting idle at the desktop (thats what i do, see it on the desktop and just run a reg scan and a system clean).

for my HDD drives i also use their program called defraggler, runs a treat (also free) to periodically defrag my HDD drives. If im not using a particular drive like my drive with games on it ill run a defrag cycle on it in the background and vice versa for my stuff.

for your antivirus because it has no realtime protection i would run it whever downloading a file from the internet and intermittantly weekly basis (can even set up a tasking to run the scan)

for ccleaner you can run it every now and then, once you get into using it regularly you might run it whenever your just sitting idle at the desktop (thats what i do, see it on the desktop and just run a reg scan and a system clean).

for my HDD drives i also use their program called defraggler, runs a treat (also free) to periodically defrag my HDD drives. If im not using a particular drive like my drive with games on it ill run a defrag cycle on it in the background and vice versa for my stuff.

But the overall panda and malwarebytes + ccleaner should be enough? (i plan to run panda full/real time, malwarebytes to scan every night to 2 nights, and ccleaner on a week to week basis).

-Made In Canada

But the overall panda and malwarebytes + ccleaner should be enough? (i plan to run panda full/real time, malwarebytes to scan every nighte to 2 nights, and ccleaner on a week to week basis).

yep that will be fine