Bang for the buck router

Dragacane

When my families' router bit the dust and went to computer heaven a few years ago the manufacture gave us a cheap thing. It is quite bad so I'm quite busy with my own stuff, deadlines coming in. Routers isn't my knowledgeable part so what do you guys thing is a good router for the money. The only min spec is that currently that is has 2+ Ethernet ports,  

Your saying what I put here will be under my posts?

PC:Rosabell

I like asus routers, I have the RT-N56U which has the N standard for wireless. But I believe there are AC ones too. Not sure if it's the best for the money but I really like it and it's reliable.

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

if you dont mind crappy wifi, and dont have more than 50Mbps, get a cheapo TP-Link.

When my families' router bit the dust and went to computer heaven a few years ago the manufacture gave us a cheap thing. It is quite bad so I'm quite busy with my own stuff, deadlines coming in. Routers isn't my knowledgeable part so what do you guys thing is a good router for the money. The only min spec is that currently that is has 2+ Ethernet ports,  

What is your budget?

I would recommend an ASUS model but it depends on your budget as they are quite expensive  :P

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

found the bang of the buck 

Edit: YOu edited the original post

thats like 3 bangs for 3 bucks! :o

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

from the little i know tp-link isn't the best when it comes to drivers, and asus ones is more for enthusiasts but i could be wrong, maybe go with netgear or look for a less-known company.

Actually ist only 1 bang for 1 buck, by 1 buck...

Actually ist only 1 bang for 1 buck, by 1 buck...

It's actually 2 bangs by 2 bucks 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Nope - one of them is a deer, not a buck

Nope - one of them is a deer, not a buck

yeah i didn't notice, but there are still 2 bucks and 2 of them are bangin xD

U want some easy plug and play, then?

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

yeah i didn't notice, but there are still 2 bucks and 2 of them are bangin xD

Yeah sure, if you change some words in your original statement, you can make it fit almost every point you want to make - but this:

is not accurate compared to this:

in the context of this:

found the bang of the buck 

post-257913-0-08173900-1443866234.jpg

Edit: YOu edited the original post

EDIT: That is 1 buck, banging a buck, banging a deer.. Its 2 bucks banging, but it is not 3 bangs for 3 bucks - then there would needed to have been 4 bucks banging as one of them is being banged and the last one is only banging.. 

that single image has made this thread not talk about the question much, or go a little out of control

looks like it, or it's simply due to how intelligent they are or interact with that happening from time to time

that single image has made this thread not talk about the question much, or go a little out of control

you dont say - i have given this waaay too much thought :D

BTW the question has been answered already - as in all other posts about routers - Asus AC66U or Asus AC87U depending on your budget.

Or the D-Link UFO with 10000000 antennas, DIR-890L

Or the Netgear Nighthawk ac1900

All depending on your brand preference - but imo Asus has the best value, support and they work just great :)