CM Hyper 212 EVO fan replacement

LarryBC

As I have been dreading, the fan for my Hyper 2012 EVO has started making the infamous clicking noise that is commonly reported. This is unacceptable as I sleep 6 feet from this computer, or to be more accurate, I am prevented from sleeping because of this noise! I need a replacement and I'm not sure what to replace it with.

Also, I am just barely still under warranty. It's insured for 2 years and I purchased it on October 11th 2013. I have submitted a part request to CM, but I have no idea if CoolerMaster will be willing to replace the fan due to the clicking noise. Is it worth going through this process or should I just order a different fan? Would love to hear any advice.

see waht CM says first you can just use a case fan if you have one left over or if you can afford to take a from from your case if its 120mm and use that

Best for it is Cooler Master Jetflow

Do you know if that fan is more quiet than the stock 212 evo fan?

Do you know if that fan is more quiet than the stock 212 evo fan?

The Jetflo is louder than the stock Blade Master.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Jetflo is louder than the stock Blade Master.

The Blade Master fan is the stock 212 Evo fan?

The Blade Master fan is the stock 212 Evo fan?

Yes.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Wait for what Cooler Master says, if they are willing to send you a free replacement fan go for it. If not then you can replace it for any 120mm fan, I replaced mine with a NF-F12 Industrial before I upgraded.

Coolermaster approved my request for a fan replacement. Thanks for the advice though, I will keep note of the fans suggested here for future reference.