New Gaming Monitor Shopping

TiniestCosine65

Hey guys, Im looking to buy a new monitor for my gaming setup. My current monitor is the Asus VS238H. Its a pretty decent monitor, but not the best for gaming. I don't know the most about monitors either. Some of the things I don't like about this monitor are that it only has a 60hz refresh rate, would like that to be higher, and the colors. The colors seem pretty good for the most part, but blacks aren't very black sometimes, and this sometimes gives shadows in games a washed out color. I also would like the price to be as low as possible, and the size to be the same as this one, 23 in, so that I can use them as dual monitors and it look nice and clean. Please throw some suggestions my way!

Well, on colors, if you want a really fast cheap panel there's not much you can do for colors. An IPS panel will look good, but it gets really expensive to have high refresh rates and lower latency.

My monitor that I bought recently is the Acer H236HL-BID. It's 23", an IPS panel (but the screen is glossy, so it's not good if there's a bright light behind it,) a ~5 millisecond response time, and it's at 60Hz stock. But, I overclocked it to 75Hz with no problems. The monitor is $129 USD, which is good for an IPS. Also, it's from Acer, and it's definitely high quality.

There's lots of decent color TN panels, but the higher refresh rates are usually what kills the colors on a TN. It's all about trades.

For what you're talking about, there's really nothing cheap. Good colors/viewing angles+high refresh rate+low latency= expensive.

I used to be quite active here.

well for dual monitors i would HIGHLY recommend having 2 of the exact same monitor. Maybe an ASUS VG236H monitor

Thanks guys, I realize monitors that meet my criteria will be expensive. I just thought I would see what ideas people will throw at me. Thanks for your quick replies, I'm gonna go check these monitors out.