amd water cool build problems (non-custom)

hey all i need a little help with my pc, long story short i upgraded from a a8-6600k apu to a amd athlon 860k and i bought a cooler master seidon 120v rev.2 so that i could start overclocking but noticed running at my temps were between 70-78oc (Celsius) of course this doesnt look right so after putting the fan to full speed and the pump to full pelt the temps only went down and hung between 50-60, it would slowly decline then suddenly bounce up to the max temp it was before, and when in the bios (msi click bios 4) the cpu temp was only a 38 and did not budge for 20 minuets (i really sat and watched to see) any advice would be so much help, i have already reseated the water block with fresh thermal paste after cleaning it of course.

Are the 70c temps under load or idle?

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

sorry idle, just running windows 10, everything closed besides hwmonitor

sorry idle, just running windows 10, everything closed besides hwmonitor

Hmm well I see that you re seated the cooler and put new thermal compound on, I'm not educated in AIOs but it seems the cooler may have something wrong with it.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

would you mind telling us the volts and the speed you have applied now to the 860k?

The site has changed....

wouldnt mind but i just bought it from scan the other day xD

the pump is indeed running and is quite loud  and ill add a image for the cpu details, also the cpu is not in over clock 

would you mind telling us the volts and the speed you have applied now to the 860k?

i have posted the hwmonitor results for that

i have posted the hwmonitor results for that

there must be something wrong with the cpu cooler. what are your temps with the stock cooler?

The site has changed....

i didnt use the stock cooler, i had a 212 evo and the temps were between 40-60 on full load and just 40-45 on idle

• 2 weeks later...

hey all i need a little help with my pc, long story short i upgraded from a a8-6600k apu to a amd athlon 860k and i bought a cooler master seidon 120v rev.2 so that i could start overclocking but noticed running at my temps were between 70-78oc (Celsius) of course this doesnt look right so after putting the fan to full speed and the pump to full pelt the temps only went down and hung between 50-60, it would slowly decline then suddenly bounce up to the max temp it was before, and when in the bios (msi click bios 4) the cpu temp was only a 38 and did not budge for 20 minuets (i really sat and watched to see) any advice would be so much help, i have already reseated the water block with fresh thermal paste after cleaning it of course.

I have to ask were your new CPU drivers installed and the previous APU drivers uninstalled?, remember as much as both processors worked on the same board they have different architectures used to manufacture them. Also you havent told us the model of your board... You should try updating your board drivers I suspect that HW monitor is giving you incorrect readings if the idle temps are different in the bios. I remember when the FM2+ platform was released they had some really sketchy support and the boards also had some heating issues with the south bridge?(someone correct me if I'm wrong) your AIO liquid cooler is obviously working. I'd say try reinstalling it grab some thermal paste that you have that you know that works.

Sorry for the lengthy comment its everything I'd do to make my stuff work as it should.