Connected to internet... but not web pages display

Joemoma

Ok, so i have this Sony Vaio All-in-one PC, it says i have internet connection but when i open up a web browser it says "cannot display page".  I have physically taken the Computer to another location, new router, new ISP, new everything, and still same situation of internet connection without web pages....

Any Suggestions??

Thanks in advance and love you all! =))

Can we get a screenshot of the error?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ok, so i have this Sony Vaio All-in-one PC, it says i have internet connection but when i open up a web browser it says "cannot display page".  I have physically taken the Computer to another location, new router, new ISP, new everything, and still same situation of internet connection without web pages....

Any Suggestions??

Thanks in advance and love you all! =))

start

run

type cmd..press enter

type ipconfig press enter

take a screen shot and see if its giving you a proper IP address

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

if you have any security software/firewall...uninstall it and reboot

reset the host file as well

I would say go into the browser's options and find a clear all settings and add ons option. I want to say an unwanted extension may be causing it.

I would say go into the browser's options and find a clear all settings and add ons option. I want to say an unwanted extension may be causing it.

highly unlikely

some piece of system level software is blocking it

The computer is at work.. i was just posting this tonight to give people time to respond. i'll be sure to send pictures and results tomorrow morning

if you have any security software/firewall...uninstall it and reboot

reset the host file as well

I'll give that a shot, thank you

#2 on my list of things to do 

Open up the Start menu - type cmd on the search - right click the Windows Command Processor and choose Run as Admin - type ping www.google.com and press enter

If you get a timeout, then you have a problem with your connection. If you get a successful response, there could be something wrong with your browser. Try some other browser.

Thanks, that should help narrow it down a little

do "ipconfig /flushdns" in CMD

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Which browser?

Are you using a firewall?

Do you have a rogue anti-virus?

sounds like a dns problem, do what enderman said and also make sure that your network adapter doesnt have a random dns typed into it. go to control panel -> network and internet -> network and sharing center -> change adapter settings. right click on your wired or wireless adapter you are using and click properties. click on internet protocol version 4 and click the properties button below the box. Make sure under the general tab here that obtain dns server address automatically is selected.

@SnafuPossum @techguru ,  as a last resort... would a re-install of Windows 7  fix this?

if its a software issue..yes

if its a software issue..yes

Yea... i ended up just reinstalling windows. it was a clients computer. but luckily he didnt need to save the data... i was just trying to figure out how to fix the problem without having to Reinstall just for the knowledge. but oh well

Thanks everyone for the Responses!

Yea... i ended up just reinstalling windows. it was a clients computer. but luckily he didnt need to save the data... i was just trying to figure out how to fix the problem without having to Reinstall just for the knowledge. but oh well

Thanks everyone for the Responses!

I am glad you ultimately got it figure out!

I am glad you ultimately got it figure out!

yea, something was just misconfigured wrong... i'm still sad i had to resort to reinstalling windows =(