Amazon Will Ban Sale of Apple TV and Google’s Chromecast

jos
Amazon.com Inc. is flexing its e-commerce muscles to gain an edge on competitors in the video-streaming market by ending the sale of devices from Google Inc. and Apple Inc.
The Seattle-based Web retailer sent an e-mail to its marketplace sellers that it will stop selling Apple TV and Google’s Chromecast. No new listings for the products will be allowed and posting of existing inventory will be removed Oct. 29, Amazon said. Amazon’s streaming video service, called Prime Video, doesn’t run easily on rival’s devices.

I feel this is anti competitive and awaiting a law suit..

Wow Amazon, wow.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Amazon, WTF? I had respect for you!

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Meh xD, who cares.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Uh what.

Okay..um...

I literally have no words to describe my reaction this.

*Edit, after thinking about this a bit more and hearing other opinions on this matter I've come to this conclusion. Amazon is fully within their right to do this as it isn't anticompetitive, but it is a dickish move.

Having said that, are they going to remove all tablets and phones as well and only sell their Fire tablets/phones(I know they stopped selling this, but it's an example) then? Where do they draw the line?

To me it should be all or nothing.

Anti-competitive lawsuit incoming.

tumblr_mjwpovpDxF1ra701lo1_500.jpg

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Honestly does smell a bit like it crosses the anti-competitive behavior line.  Obviously google doesn't have to sell Apple's devices from their play store, but Amazon purports itself to be a "marketplace" and is crossing a line by not even allowing 3rd party sellers to sell competing products.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Not sure why everyone thinks this is anticompetitive, legally speaking.  They aren't telling other retailers they can't sell someone else's product.  They are simply no longer selling a competitor's product in their own store.  It both does and doesn't make sense.  On the one hand, the more variety you have the more likely you will get customers.  On the other hand, selling the competitor's product may cost you more in lost profits than you would have gained from their sales.

Not sure why everyone thinks this is anticompetitive, legally speaking.  They aren't telling other retailers they can't sell someone else's product.  They are simply no longer selling a competitor's product in their own store.  It both does and doesn't make sense.  On the one hand, the more variety you have the more likely you will get customers.  On the other hand, selling the competitor's product may cost you more in lost profits than you would have gained from their sales.

Article makes it seems like they're removing third party listings too:

Amazon told sellers it will not allow new listings and will remove existing inventory later this month, a report from Bloomberg said.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Pretty sure they already know how anti-competitive laws work... I wonder what kind of excuse are they gonna use. Cause those two players Amazon's poking aren't messing around.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Honestly does smell a bit like it crosses the anti-competitive behavior line.  Obviously google doesn't have to sell Apple's devices from their play store, but Amazon purports itself to be a "marketplace" and is crossing a line by not even allowing 3rd party sellers to sell competing products.

amazon isnt just a marketplace for u to list you used items.  it is their store they can sell whatever, however they want.  but it seems like a huge gamble that wont pay off since their vid service is hard to use.  i bet there will be a retracted statement and policy soon

Amazon Fire shirts, Amazon Fire desks, Amazon Fire bedding, Amazon Fire fish of gold.... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I wonder how long till the EU tells them to fuck off

Oh-hoh-hohh, you know the EU doesn't put up with this shit. So my money is on less than a month from now.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Next they'll be banning tablets.  :P It's their store, Idc.

This will stir up a lot of trouble.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

haha fuck you to amazon

Guess whos not spending thier money thier

What makes you think you can ruin this pitch fork moment? I like my ignorance nice and up to my neck, thank you very much.

Seriously, I wonder how so many people on LTT ever passed 2nd grade. Why aren't you outraged that Apple stores don't sell Android products, Kindle or fireTV?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

What makes you think you can ruin this pitch fork moment? I like my ignorance nice and up to my neck, thank you very much.

Seriously, I wonder how so many people on LTT ever passed 2nd grade. Why aren't you outraged that Apple stores don't sell Android products, Kindle or fireTV?

Because you're foolish if you don't know the implications of this.  Amazon has a huge market share.  When people think online shopping, they think Amazon.  For amazon to push others out of competition because they have such a large market share to promote their own product is the VERY DEFINITION of antitrust.