SSD upgrade kit for my laptop

Voldy21

As some of you might guess, I watched Jayz video on upgrading your computer and I realized that's what I want to do. I have a computer that I bought in december of last year that's so slow that I'm willing to buy a completely different computer but I'm thinking that putting in an ssd would be a better solution. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what upgrade kit I should get?

I have this http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-3543-Touchscreen-Notebook/dp/B00RH69WRM/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1443665979&sr=1-5&keywords=dell+inspiron+15+3000+i5+touchscreen

budget? and size youre looking for?

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

budget? and size youre looking for?

200 dollars is the budget. Best size I can get with that

200 dollars is the budget. Best size I can get with that

200 you should be able to get a decent 500gb one

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

As some of you might guess, I watched Jayz video on upgrading your computer and I realized that's what I want to do. I have a computer that I bought in december of last year that's so slow that I'm willing to buy a completely different computer but I'm thinking that putting in an ssd would be a better solution. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what upgrade kit I should get?

I have this http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-3543-Touchscreen-Notebook/dp/B00RH69WRM/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1443665979&sr=1-5&keywords=dell+inspiron+15+3000+i5+touchscreen

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RQA6E20/?tag=pcpapi-20

No, dude. I'm not trying to get a desktop ssd. I'm trying to get an upgrade kit for my laptop.

huh?

huh?

The link you sent me was a desktop ssd. Look at the title and my original post. I'm trying to find an ssd to put in my laptop to make it go faster so what I'm looking for is an upgrade kit

The link you sent me was a desktop ssd. Look at the title and my original post. I'm trying to find an ssd to put in my laptop to make it go faster so what I'm looking for is an upgrade kit

umm...theres no difference

2.5inch is a nomal ssd

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SSD-Conversion-Kit-SDSSDCK-AAA-G27/dp/B008ZIO1CW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443756115&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk+ssd+upgrade+kit

Just ignore the SSD mounting bracket included in the package. Then after that you still need to get an SSD if you don't have one.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

umm...theres no difference

2.5inch is a nomal ssd

I still need the necessary components in order to install the thing. Like the link that exercutor sent me.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SSD-Conversion-Kit-SDSSDCK-AAA-G27/dp/B008ZIO1CW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443756115&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk+ssd+upgrade+kit

Just ignore the SSD mounting bracket included in the package. Then after that you still need to get an SSD if you don't have one.

Is that a normal price for a conversion kit? And would that only work with a sandisk drive? Also, why ignore the mounting bracket? Isn't that necessary?

I still need the necessary components in order to install the thing. Like the link that exercutor sent me.

Is that a normal price for a conversion kit? And would that only work with a sandisk drive? Also, why ignore the mounting bracket? Isn't that necessary?

you don't need anything other then the ssd

if you want to transfer your data from the hdd to the ssd...then..yea you should have a 2.5 inch external case for it to..but most people just put the hdd in another pc..then copy what they need over to the ssd

The mounting bracket is for desktops which have little or no 2.5" drive slots. I think you can get individual parts for lesser the price. And there are free cloning software out there you can use.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Most 2.5 inch SSD's fit inside laptops. 
An "upgrade kit" comes with some cloning software and a SATA to USB cable. 

You can find a 2.5 inch enclosure on Amazon.

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

Wot Jay-Z can build computers? :o

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

Wot Jay-Z can build computers? :o

Dude, JayzTwoCents.