semi-switched internet providers today, wtf happened

d6s

so today we switched from our ISP (Atlantic Broadband) to their sister/side provider (TIVO) and we went from 8Mb/ps to 30Mb/ps .... it is now 10:00 PM and the speed is now 3Mb/ps .... what happened? it was all fine and dandy until like 9:30. also... they gave us a modem + router in one, would my Linksys E3200 be better?

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.1GHz  • XSPC Raystorm • FrozenQ 250mm Liquid Fusion • 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) • Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Intel 730 Series 240GB • ASTRO A40 Audio Solution • D-Link N-150

basic internet knowledge: your speeds will suffer at night no matter what isp you have.

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

basic internet knowledge: your speeds will suffer at night no matter what isp you have.

Not always true, but usually true, I'm an exception to the rule and doubt I'm alone in that

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Lol, that's not true.

but a loss that huge? even when we had 8 meg, it only dropped to like 7 at night

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.1GHz  • XSPC Raystorm • FrozenQ 250mm Liquid Fusion • 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) • Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Intel 730 Series 240GB • ASTRO A40 Audio Solution • D-Link N-150

heck yes it would be better (don't quote me on that)

i'm quoting you

so today we switched from our ISP (Atlantic Broadband) to their sister/side provider (TIVO) and we went from 8Mb/ps to 30Mb/ps .... it is now 10:00 PM and the speed is now 3Mb/ps .... what happened? it was all fine and dandy until like 9:30. also... they gave us a modem + router in one, would my Linksys E3200 be better?

if your connected via ethernet shouldn't have an effect, but wifi sometimes can vary with the amount of interference, the best thing to do is to contact your ISP and see what they say first hopefully it's a simple matter of resetting your modem for you or something. 

Too many people on the node.  go to their house and tell them to stop it with the netflix

Haha yeah, go be that crazy wierd neighbour, tell them about how CIA and NSA are trying to mindcontrol them with subtle images of murdering communists every 20th frame so only their subconscious will notice and they might get activated some day and do something that the did not think they were capable of because of watching too much netflix...

Did you know that netflix is actually a mindcontrol experiment designed by the NSA?