Amazon: http://geni.us/gwT

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1jzQGkz

The Super Kit from VEX Robotics seems like a pretty interesting investment for young, curious minds... So we decided that Taran should take a look at it!

Learn more about VEX Robotics:

http://www.vexiq.com/
http://www.vexrobotics.com/competition
http://www.roboticseducation.org/

Cool! It looks like a neat kit!

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I think it's p interesting tbh

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

someone quick, make "Do You Wanna Build a Robot"

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

WE WANT DENNIS ON CAMERA.

Taran is pretty cool also.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Little early eh there Nicky boy?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Little early eh there Nicky boy?

Some days I feel generous ;)

Nah tbh I'd like to put it up that early most days, but usually we don't get a chance to export until late in the day :(

What a bobby dazzler!

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Some days I feel generous ;)

Nah tbh I'd like to put it up that early most days, but usually we don't get a chance to export until late in the day :(

Oh do you guys export straight to youtube as well as your storage, or do it in separate steps? I'd always imagined that exporting was done the day before, and the video was uploaded to youtube the evening before being posted. Though... now that i think about it you guys have some crazy fast internet now, sooo. Uploading to youtube probably doesnt take nearly as long as exporting the 4k video.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

oh the nostalgia :P competing using the mindstorm v2 kits and failing miserably :P good times xD

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

Can you review lego mind storms, it seems to be the standard and I would assume has the biggest community & support. What about micro controllers like arduino or edison.  I've always wanted to get into robotics & electronics but dont really know where to start.

Giant robots from the future are coming to destroy us all.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

This is the big boy version of VEX final from this year, for anyone who's interested. I'm in the New Zealand team :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LARCnDAobac

This is the big boy version of VEX final from this year, for anyone who's interested. I'm in the New Zealand team :)

I feel like the games get more interesting every year. I was leading my high school robotics team back in the day, 3 years on vex concurrent with 4 years in FRC. Best finish was regional semis, but it's hard to progress when you have teams like Simbotics 1114 and OP Robotics 2056 roflstomping the Canadian teams.

The program turned into an officially sanctioned high school course in robotics after I graduated and they've since been winning in both championships - always happy to see any form of robotics trickle down to the youths, and programmers are always in high demand.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I think I found my Christmas present for myself!

Would it be easy to 3d print more parts to expand functionality?

seems like a way to expensive Lego Mindstorms Ripoff

Very, very nice video! Taran is an amazing presenter, the video is very informative and gives me exactly what I need to know to consider the purchase. Hope to see more videos presented by Taran when possible!

While the axle not holding itself well is a huge, huge minus in my book, the brain unit feels so much more better than what mindstorm current provide, hm... Tough choices. 

Sidenote: Maybe its Taran or maybe its the way he does it, but it doesn't feel annoying at all during the typical "likes begging" at the start of the video. A++

Oh do you guys export straight to youtube as well as your storage, or do it in separate steps? I'd always imagined that exporting was done the day before, and the video was uploaded to youtube the evening before being posted. Though... now that i think about it you guys have some crazy fast internet now, sooo. Uploading to youtube probably doesnt take nearly as long as exporting the 4k video.

It's a multi-step process. Some more info that is coming in a video soon so I won't spoil it :)

And yeah with our Internet and hardware everything is pretty damn fast. That's why we need the "ridiculous" (overkill, whatever you wanna call it) hardware we have in our editing rigs and servers :D. Agility is key for us.

@nicklmg: you have gigabit, right? How much does it cost in Canada? In Romania we have 1Gbps for less than US $14. 

On topic: I really like the video and Taran suits best as a host for this subject. Hope to see him more as a host and I hope for more videos on this theme.

It's a multi-step process. Some more info that is coming in a video soon so I won't spoil it :)

And yeah with our Internet and hardware everything is pretty damn fast. That's why we need the "ridiculous" (overkill, whatever you wanna call it) hardware we have in our editing rigs and servers :D. Agility is key for us.

Dangit nick, stop doing your job and getting us interested in the upcoming videos. Now im actually dying to know how you guys handle it; has gotta be worlds different from what I manage xD