SCUF 4PS review

Slayher

Got a question that's not answered in this review? Post the comment and I'll answer it for you.

No, this review wasn't sponsored.

irMS0gA.png

Here's are some of my prior reviews:

ASUS ROG G751JT-CH71 Review

ASUS ROG Nomad Backpack Review

ASUS Zenfone 2 Review

Phantom Glass Review

ASTROGaming 2015 A40 Review

GAEMS Black Edition – Vanguard Review

What is an SCUF Gaming Controller?

The SCUF Gaming controller is a modified controller which is tournament approved.

Why did I get this SCUF 4PS White?

I game for long periods of time while streaming and off-stream and would like that extra edge that I can get. I'll be using and taking advantage of the two paddles on the back of the controller and remapping them using E.M.R. Oh yeah, E.M.R stands for Electro Magnetic Remapping which is a bonus feature that you can add to your controller for +$24.95 added on to the base model of the controller. It's worth it because depending if you will be using the SCUF for multiple games you can change what button the paddles use. I used to play competitive when Advanced Warfare first released for the Xbox One and the roster that I had went 35-0 on Team Ladder which is insane. If you want to view the team that I went 35-0 on check here as I'll have the link hyperlinked so you'll be able to view it. The paddles on the back can help you in certain situations which is great and gives you that +1 if you play against somebody who isn't using a SCUF.

Written Review:

I've had prior controllers from SCUF which include Xbox 360, Xbox One and now the PS4 so I have only good things to say about the controllers. I have heard people that use the SCUF thumbsticks complain about their thumbstick showing wear after a few weeks and months so I decided to get all of my controllers with the console default thumbsticks. If I want extra length or height I'll just slap a pair of KontrolFreek on them. If I game on a default console controller, I won't win as many gunfights as I would with the SCUF as the paddles help movement wise in games such as Call of Duty. The paddles on the back of the controller as well as the hair trigger have been a total game changer for me. The paddles on the back of the controller feel like they have been placed perfectly and don't even feel like they are there until you use the paddles, it doesn't make a weight difference at all and doesn't get seem to be in the way while gaming.

Specifications of this SCUF 4PS White:

SCUF PS4 color package: Black Buttons

E.M.R - Electro Magnetic Remapping: Yes

Remove Rumbles: Rumbles Out

SCUF PS4 Paddle: SCUF Pro Black

Paddles: 2

PS4 Default Right Thumbstick Design: Black

PS4 Right Thumbstick Type: PS4 Default

PS4 Left Thumbstick Type: PS4 Default

PS4 Default Left Thumbstick Design: Black

SCUF PS4 Grip: SCUF Pro Grip Grey

SCUF FANGS Trigger Extenders: No

SCUF Control Disk: No

Gallery of SCUF 4PS White:

hoUpN9Q.jpg

gaytJlx.jpg

NAQAUzm.jpg

HGdfEsL.jpg

c9kNrKY.jpg

ZOCn4t8.jpg

zl8OXyZ.jpg

vTtSEwX.jpg

Unboxing Video:

Pros:

• SCUF Paddles
  • SCUF Pro Grip

Cons:

• Price is expensive

I have one of these (in red), its a decent upgrade but I do kind of regret paying for the price. Maybe when starwars comes out I will appreciate it more. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I have one of these (in red), its a decent upgrade but I do kind of regret paying for the price. Maybe when starwars comes out I will appreciate it more. 

Yeah, I can agree with you on the price. I feel like it could be a tad less and there will be more consumers interested in the controller. But, I gotta admit it did help me for whenever I play Call of Duty! Those paddles are dope.

Oh yeah, I can't wait for Starwars either :P