My logitech G430 situation

Jamie Smart

Hi there LTT forum dwellers, I have an issue and i'm unsure as to how to solve it. 

First of all, I called a friend on Skype, and the headset was working fine, the side-tone was working as it should and I could here Skype sounds and my friend fine, however Skype wasn't picking up my microphone. So I tried to fix this by going into Recording devices in windows and seeing if there was an issue there, to which i found none. I clicked on the restore default button for the device, and the side-tone stopped working.

I then thought maybe reinstalling the headset all together might work, so i unplugged the headset (USB connection) and uninstalled the Logitech driver software, then plugged the headset back into the same USB port (on the motherboard) and nothing changed, Skype and windows found the device but my microphone still wasn't working, I tried restarting my PC, with no progress, and i've tried plugging the headset into a different USB port, so that the drivers would install again, however now the Logitech driver software cannot detect my headset. However the side-tone is now working (however it's very quiet) and my friend says that i'm quiet on Skype. So i'm a bit confused as to what to do. Just wondering if I  could get any advice on the situation, thanks :D

UPDATE, The only problem now is that the Logitech software is not detecting my headset