How to get Twitter DM's back after account was "Hacked" .

So as the title suggests a Twitter account which belonged to my friend who unfortunately is no longer with us. Was "Hacked" and according to his mother the direct messages on the account where deleted. She has managed to get the account back but as a way of proof Twitter has asked her to send them a copy of her son's (my friends) death certificate to prove to them that she intact is telling the truth.

That said she has just found out that the DM's have been deleted but cannot get back into contact with a Twitter representative, to ask them if they can help.

Is their something she can do to get the DM's back or is their a good way to get into contact with Twitter again to help resolve the issue?

Thank you for you're time and I welcome any and all input.

Contacting Twitter is your best option; chances are they're still in their database. 

...who the fuck hacks a dead person's account just for their sick kicks?

That's the same question I had it's stupid but his account is always a something that people with no morals will go for as it dose have 18.6 K followers. But still it's never something that should be done 

Contacting Twitter is your best option; chances are they're still in their database. 

Yea trying to do that now but they don't always reply.

...who the fuck hacks a dead person's account just for their sick kicks?

Thank you both for commenting I really appreciate it