3-year old son's first PC build parts list

too bad all my kids wont have thumbs. ;~:

Instantly went with...."What the hell are you doing to your kids so they dont have thumbs?"

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

This kid has a better pc than me. So sad Linus be like Jay and build him a SIMPLE pc not THIS. WHAT IS THIS. IT HURTS SO BAD!

Sooner or later Linus's son will be a part of this forum and be into tech just as much as most of the people on here. ( And from the looks of it have some of the best specs too?)

because that's all he had at the time, the son picked out the parts from what was avaliable.

Yeah but Linus kept suggesting the baller stuff first and his son just went with it

I'm 5 times his age and I'm stuck with a shitty oily laptop. And he gets a god damn console butt-raper.

And this is a time where "I use a lot of sentence enhancers :^)" really comes into play

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

great video... Workstation board, expensive taste.

it´s a bit sad that the video, where the wreck the least amount of hardware, is when Linus 3 year old kid does the assembly.

great video... Workstation board, expensive taste.

it´s a bit sad that the video, where the wreck the least amount of hardware, is when Linus 3 year old kid does the assembly.

:D  though I did cringe when he touched the CPU on the bottom 

xD you're treating him too well, what will he do if in the future he stops getting beast parts for free?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

xD you're treating him too well, what will he do if in the future he stops getting beast parts for free?

yeah..

"Geez Dad, only a single Nvidia Pascal Black.x2 Ti, skimping much"

:)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I love the part when its time to pick a motherboard and hes like THAT ONE. I WANT THAT ONE. Of course its the Asus X99-E WS. Of course.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Case Corsair Air 540 CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX Motherboard Asus X370-F Memory G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz Display Asus VG248QE Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512GB - Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD - 1TB Seagate Barracuda - 1TB WD Blue OS MS X Pro Peripherals Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire -  Razer DeathAdder 2013

Spoiler

Case 15.4" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro CPU Intel Core i7-3720QM GPU Nvidia GT650M Memory Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Display 1680x1050 AntiGlare Display Storage 1TB 5400RPM or Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD OS OS X Yosemite (Maybe El Capitan?) - BootCamp MS X Pro Peripherals Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Razer DeathAdder 2013 - Mionix Naos 7000 - Logitech K120 - Razer Tartarus Keypad

First of all, can I be your 3 year old son?  Second of all, why just go so crazy expensive with the iPhone of RAM when you can get G. Skill RipJaws DDR4 RAM because they reach speeds of 3200.  Here is a link, yes there are more configs than just this 2x4gb model

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231872&cm_re=3200_ddr4_ram-_-20-231-872-_-Product

Wouldn't an aircooler be better?  It's not like the child will be constantly checking his loop, In my opinion a Noctua NH-U12 SE2 Would be better, or any Noctua variant.  I bet Noctua will throw in some spare custom LTT fans so use 'em on the cooler if you can.

I mean, sure, there are probably more logical options. But that wasn't the point of this build or this video :P...

This is kind of weird since Linus already looks like a child in my eyes. Which is weird because he's older than me.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

this is adorable. o3o

too bad all my kids wont have thumbs. ;~: so compuuderz is bad idea.

seriously what the heck, what the heck are you ding to the kids and i thought you didn't have kids

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I mean, sure, there are probably more logical options. But that wasn't the point of this build or this video :P...

LTT; Unconventionality at its finest lol.  Can't wait to see how this turns out!  I wonder if he'll be more excited than my mom when I built her, a hackintosh lol.  Have Nicky V do some sick paintin'

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

I have no idea why you guys are all complaining, IT IS LINUS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. Do not ask why he does stuff just accept it. Honestly if this is for his son though I doubt anything a 3 year old will do can utilize more then 2 cores of the 5960x, maybe 1? I know when I was three I was playing stick figure games on AddictingGames website xD and Bloons Tower Defense. :P Linus.. a 5960X That cost more then some peoples rig xD. Then again, like I have mentioned it is Lins we are talking about so what more do we expect.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I'm jelous! I work my ass off and I have a i7 4790k and a 970, and then this kid walks around chilling and has a better rig than me

Intel Core i7 5960X

Amazon: http://geni.us/43dk

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1LHqX05

ASUS Strix Fury

Amazon: http://geni.us/43dk

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1irdpOU

Those two links are the same m8. 

#NickFiredNext

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Those two links are the same m8. 

#NickFiredNext

What the darn heck...

Jealous... A 3-year-old has a better PC than me.

My specs:

i5 4670k

8 GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

Radeon R9 280 (3GB)

120 GB SSD

Cooler Master N200

Corsair CX750

Jesus guys, enough with the kiddie hate.

Linus let him pick the parts out of LMG stock then showed him how to build them up into a working machine.

The parts still belong to LMG and I'm sure once the video was finished Linus disassembled the build and put everything back into stock, I mean c'mon, Linus is not stupid and I'm sure he knows his son doesn't need a PC that good.

Just to put it out there though. the kid genuinely did pick all the parts himself (other than the CPU), granted it was mostly down to colour but still, you gotta admire a 3 year old than can cherry pick just about the most expensive PC its possible to build, at 3 years old all I cared about was rolling down hills and custard.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

When a 3 year old is more skilled at building a PC than me....... :(

Does you mum know you're here?

PC came together with out the need to cut, drill, bend or otherwise fabricate something and it powered up no problems first time?

Kid must take after his mother.

Cute video!

Nice video Linus :D

This youtuber has an interesting idea though: 

PaHPsip.png

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

This was so cool to watch, a father and son building a PC and spending together. He may one day take over your youtube channel from you ;)