Upgrading to new case - Help me choose.

Heya, folks.

Currently "upgrading" from my Corsair 750D to something new.

I say "upgrade", because i've realized that carrying my 750D to lans is just too much. I once had 2 GPUs, but i moved to a single, more powerful one, and i don't need the space.

Anyhow, TL;DR:
I need a new, small case. 
 - It needs to be an ATX case
  - It needs to be able to hold the width of the Asus 980Ti (6'')
  - It needs to be able to hold a dual rad in the top

So far i've been looking at the Corsair 450D and Fractal R5.

Any suggestions, tips and links are super appreciated!

Maximus VII Ranger | 4690K @ 4.5 | Liqtech 240 | Asus GTX 980Ti Strix | EVGA 750 G2 | 180GB Intel SSD + 1TB WD BLUE 

Heya, folks.

Currently "upgrading" from my Corsair 750D to something new.

I say "upgrade", because i've realized that carrying my 750D to lans is just too much. I once had 2 GPUs, but i moved to a single, more powerful one, and i don't need the space.

Anyhow, TL;DR:

I need a new, small case. 

- It needs to be an ATX case

- It needs to be able to hold the width of the Asus 980Ti (6'')

- It needs to be able to hold a dual rad in the top

So far i've been looking at the Corsair 450D and Fractal R5.

Any suggestions, tips and links are super appreciated!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

My R5 is preety good and big. And noise levels are fine, not silent as many advertise it but silent is impossible when you have fans blowing

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Cooler Master HAF XB/XB EVO?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Cooler Master HAF XB/XB EVO?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO

I'm unfortunately a big sucker for looks, and thus, i'm gonna go for something with a case window.

Sorry, i know.

My R5 is preety good and big. And noise levels are fine, not silent as many advertise it but silent is impossible when you have fans blowing

Question, are you able to somewhat carry it around?

What's weight like with your system in it?

Maximus VII Ranger | 4690K @ 4.5 | Liqtech 240 | Asus GTX 980Ti Strix | EVGA 750 G2 | 180GB Intel SSD + 1TB WD BLUE 

I'm unfortunately a big sucker for looks, and thus, i'm gonna go for something with a case window.

Sorry, i know.

There is a version of the XB with a windowed top panel, if that helps http://www.coolermaster.com/case/lan-box/haf-xb-window/

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Sorry, i know.

Question, are you able to somewhat carry it around?

What's weight like with your system in it?

It is no light at all, I'd say about 15Kg or so. And it is a bit tricky to carry since you have to grab it from the bottom and it is wide. Definitely not meant for carrying around but it is doable. 

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

custom case

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

custom case

Straight up too expensive.

Not sure how many, if any, ship to Denmark either.

If anyone has some links, that'd be great. I'll take a quick google myself as well.

It is no light at all, I'd say about 15Kg or so. And it is a bit tricky to carry since you have to grab it from the bottom and it is wide. Definitely not meant for carrying around but it is doable. 

Welp, i'm used to a system that's a good 20-25KG, so it'd be a relief, still.

Just realized though, the R5 has a lot of white accents, which will contrast way too much with my system. Damn.

So far, the only thing that meets all of my requirements is the 450D, but it's still a heavy weight case. 

-snippety snippets-

i meant diy custom case. it can be made out of anything so it doesn't need to bee expensive. u can even make it out of cardboard 

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

Sorry, i know.

Pfft, shallow. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Pfft, shallow. :P

yeah, haha

i meant diy custom case. it can be made out of anything so it doesn't need to bee expensive. u can even make it out of cardboard 

That'd be even worse than what i have right now, tbh.

Welp folks, i think i'm gonna see if i can get a hold of the blackout windowed version Fractal R5.

Also, why aren't more manufacturers making top-mounted pci-e slots?

Rotating the motherboard would mean you could more easily get a rad to fit in the front, hang your gpus in the top to avoid sag, and still have normal exhausts in the back.

God damn it.

Just realized though, the R5 has a lot of white accents, which will contrast way too much with my system. Damn.

Will you be looking at its guts much often? My system has a purple GPU, a Blue motherboard and a "rainbow" sleeved PSU... no problem at all for me xD I have the non windowed version