Silverstone FTZ01 alternative for ex-Mac user

My dad's iMac recently started to have a faulty PSU with a rattling noise being generated and thermals going through the roof. Seeing as a repair would cost half of the current value of the iMac I convinced him to consider a Windows PC. But here's the catch: He has a small desk and he doesn't want a big bulky PC standing on the ground or on his desk. I figured I would go for a mini-ITX skylake build, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable case which has the looks to please a former Mac user but has an internal layout I can work with.

To summarize the needs:
He needs a small good looking mini-itx case which is capable of fitting two 3.5" Hard-Drives, a 2.5" SSD and a (slim-line) DVD drive. He won't need a dedicated GPU, all he does is basic photo editing and the HD graphics from the Skylake CPU should be enough. A pro would be the possibility to install a more powerfull aftermarket cooler than the stock intel cooler I have lying around.

The best case I was able to find in my quick search on the internet was the Silverstone FTZ01. The looks and size are perfect exept for the fact that alot of the internal space is wasted as space for a GPU. What I would like is a similarly looking and sized case but where more HDD's could be installed instead of a GPU.

Budget wise the FTZ01 is around the maximum he's able to spend on the case, which in Holland currently costs 145 euros.

Does the case I'm looking for even exist or could I better focus on a cube-based case with more HDD space?

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Specs:
Screeninator: ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Powermathingy: Corsair AX760
Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Blue
Procrastinator: Intel i5 3570K (stock)
Holdametalicizor: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Noisoundacreator: Sennheiser HD 558
Attatchamajiggy: MSI Z77A-G45 (SUCKS)
Remembrerthing: 750GB Samsung 840 EVO (3x250GB)
Flat-Colorful-Thing: Iiyama craptron 2000
See-A-Move-O: Corsair M45
ButtonBoard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Browns)

Not sure but how about the fractal design node 202?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Not sure but how about the fractal design node 202?

I had already checked out the node 202, even though it's a nice case, it doesn't fit two 3.5" HDD's

The reason he needs the two 3.5" HDD is he wants a RAID1 array in his PC using two 3TB drives he already has for his photo and video collection. External storage is a no go for him, he want's to have everything stored locally and only a periodic backup stored externally.

Use the following style specs for your profile!
Specs:
Screeninator: ASUS GTX970 STRIX
Powermathingy: Corsair AX760
Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz Blue
Procrastinator: Intel i5 3570K (stock)
Holdametalicizor: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Noisoundacreator: Sennheiser HD 558
Attatchamajiggy: MSI Z77A-G45 (SUCKS)
Remembrerthing: 750GB Samsung 840 EVO (3x250GB)
Flat-Colorful-Thing: Iiyama craptron 2000
See-A-Move-O: Corsair M45
ButtonBoard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Browns)

My dad's iMac recently started to have a faulty PSU with a rattling noise being generated and thermals going through the roof. Seeing as a repair would cost half of the current value of the iMac I convinced him to consider a Windows PC. But here's the catch: He has a small desk and he doesn't want a big bulky PC standing on the ground or on his desk. I figured I would go for a mini-ITX skylake build, but I'm having trouble finding a suitable case which has the looks to please a former Mac user but has an internal layout I can work with.

To summarize the needs:

He needs a small good looking mini-itx case which is capable of fitting two 3.5" Hard-Drives, a 2.5" SSD and a (slim-line) DVD drive. He won't need a dedicated GPU, all he does is basic photo editing and the HD graphics from the Skylake CPU should be enough. A pro would be the possibility to install a more powerfull aftermarket cooler than the stock intel cooler I have lying around.

The best case I was able to find in my quick search on the internet was the Silverstone FTZ01. The looks and size are perfect exept for the fact that alot of the internal space is wasted as space for a GPU. What I would like is a similarly looking and sized case but where more HDD's could be installed instead of a GPU.

Budget wise the FTZ01 is around the maximum he's able to spend on the case, which in Holland currently costs 145 euros.

Does the case I'm looking for even exist or could I better focus on a cube-based case with more HDD space?

I'd go with something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mL4dhM

Spoiler

Everyday build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X99 - RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB + 4TB WD Black - Case: Corsair 760T White - PSU: SeaSonic 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Wireless Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E - Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB - Mouse(s): Corsair Gaming M65 RGB + Logitech MX Master - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhyK99 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/474247-r8-my-build/

Weekend build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5930k - GPU(s): 2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX2.0+ (SLI) - Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 - Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe - RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 4x8GB (2666MHz) - Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 & 2TB Samsung 850 Evo - Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv - PSU: SeaSonic SnowSilent 1050W 80+ Platinum Certified - OS: Windows 10 Home - Monitor: Dell S2716DG 144hz - Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB - Mouse: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YYK93C