The best TV to use as a PC monitor?

thenotoriousone

I am looking for some not too expensive TV to use with my current setup. I'd like some 4K variant, since 4K TV's got much more affordable. Price point: 600-800$

Any suggestions? Looking forward to your feedback guys. Cheers and have a good one! 

Give me a boost. 

I am looking for some not too expensive TV to use with my current setup. I'd like some 4K variant, since 4K TV's got much more affordable. Price point: 600-800$

Any suggestions? Looking forward to your feedback guys. Cheers and have a good one! 

Will it be your single Monitor? Or will it be something like Barnacules 3 monitor setup in front of you and a TV on top just to browse the web while playing and stuff like that? 

Will it be your single Monitor? Or will it be something like Barnacules 3 monitor setup in front of you and a TV on top just to browse the web while playing and stuff like that? 

Just a single. 

Give me a boost. 

Just curious. Why do you want a TV?

Because my PC stands in the living room and my current 40inch 720p TV is pretty old. That's why I am looking for something new and fresh. :) I always watch movies and like big displays.

Give me a boost. 

Just a single. 

I will highly suggest you get something like one of the newer 34 inch curved displays like the one Linus reviewed recently from LG. They are really beautiful displays with a ton of real state to game and work on, and they run around the price point you stated. TVs are just bad as a computer monitor.

I will highly suggest you get something like one of the newer 34 inch curved displays like the one Linus reviewed recently from LG. They are really beautiful displays with a ton of real state to game and work on, and they run around the price point you stated. TVs are just bad as a computer monitor.

The problem is, I use my PC in the living room. I'd like to be able to watch TV and use my PC. So I don't wanna get a monitor for the living room, haha :P

Give me a boost. 

The one from Vizio looks really slick and 55 inch is 150 cheaper than Samsung's one. Thanks for your help :) I gotta make a decision. 

Vizio makes great TVs at prices much more wallet friendly, Samsung makes the best TVs no doubt, but they come at a price. Good luck.

Vizio makes great TVs at prices much more wallet friendly, Samsung makes the best TVs no doubt, but they come at a price. Good luck.

Thank you very much for your time. 

Give me a boost. 

Because my PC stands in the living room and my current 40inch 720p TV is pretty old. That's why I am looking for something new and fresh. :) I always watch movies and like big displays.

Take a look at the Samsung 40JU6400. The Samsung can decode VP9 and takes in UHD @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4.  

Competing models like the Vizio M43-C1 may offer local dimming, but they cannot accept UHD @ 60Hz without chroma subsampling.

49UB820V bought for 670€ at Media Markt, and couldn't see the difference in inputlag compared to my LG IPS monitor.

49 inch IPS 4K with Smart TV, what do you want more?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Thank you very much for your time. 

you don't want vizio crap

you should be looking at lg/samsung/sony...etc...

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

you don't want vizio crap

you should be looking at lg/samsung/sony...etc...

I owned Vizio TV before and it served me great. I don't understand why you call it crap.

Give me a boost. 

I owned Vizio TV before and it served me great. I don't understand why you call it crap.

cheap chinese garbage

I would never buy a vizio

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

cheap chinese garbage

I would never buy a vizio

Maybe, you had some bad example. Haha. My Vizio is probably still running, gotta get him out of the closet :P

Give me a boost. 

• 2 weeks later...

When gaming you should look for the input lag. Sony tv's have low input lag. Though the wasabi mango is also an option.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

When gaming you should look for the input lag. Sony tv's have low input lag. Though the wasabi mango is also an option.

I use a Sony Bravia for gaming, both PC and Console, and I can't say enough good things about it.  It's not ideal for film content though, as the blacks leave quite a bit to be desired and the screen uniformity is not wonderful.  There's also notable backlight bleed, but Sony HDTV's are, in my mind at least, mostly made for gaming as they have wonderful "game" and "graphics" modes that are extremely beneficial to gamers and PC users.  I should note that Sony TV's actually do have a wonderful "Cinema" mode for watching movies, and honestly I think the picture's amazing, but a Samsung display would serve better if you swing more into film enthusiast than gamer.  But if you're more of a gamer or PC enthusiast than film guy, go for a Sony TV.  As for the Vizio thing, their TV's use lower binned components than most notable high end manufacturers on the market.  This means that they COULD be just as good as high end displays, but that there's more inherent risk involved in buying one of their displays.  If you've had a good Vizio in the past, as I have, then you won't have a bias against them.  Just know that there are many who have been burned going with Vizio, though ultimately you do stand to save quite a bit of money by going with them.  Like I said, it depends on what type of media enthusiast you consider yourself more of.  

Oh signature time!  It's on now, gonna give ya somethin snarky and clever and think way too hard about this because I'm really concerned about what people on the internet think of me.  Better google some good quotes to put in here too.....oh wait I'm not a loser.

I use a Sony Bravia for gaming, both PC and Console, and I can't say enough good things about it.  It's not ideal for film content though, as the blacks leave quite a bit to be desired and the screen uniformity is not wonderful.  There's also notable backlight bleed, but Sony HDTV's are, in my mind at least, mostly made for gaming as they have wonderful "game" and "graphics" modes that are extremely beneficial to gamers and PC users.  I should note that Sony TV's actually do have a wonderful "Cinema" mode for watching movies, and honestly I think the picture's amazing, but a Samsung display would serve better if you swing more into film enthusiast than gamer.  But if you're more of a gamer or PC enthusiast than film guy, go for a Sony TV.  As for the Vizio thing, their TV's use lower binned components than most notable high end manufacturers on the market.  This means that they COULD be just as good as high end displays, but that there's more inherent risk involved in buying one of their displays.  If you've had a good Vizio in the past, as I have, then you won't have a bias against them.  Just know that there are many who have been burned going with Vizio, though ultimately you do stand to save quite a bit of money by going with them.  Like I said, it depends on what type of media enthusiast you consider yourself more of.  

Sony makes great TV's but they are pretty pricey.

Give me a boost. 

My friend has a Vizio 55 inch 4k tv in his living room with his PC hooked up to it. I tried to talk him out of it (for the same reasons many on here are posting), but honestly it looks freaking gorgeous. Refresh rate will suck because of available inputs, but it sounds like that won't matter to you, so go for it. 

My friend has a Vizio 55 inch 4k tv in his living room with his PC hooked up to it. I tried to talk him out of it (for the same reasons many on here are posting), but honestly it looks freaking gorgeous. Refresh rate will suck because of available inputs, but it sounds like that won't matter to you, so go for it. 

I only need a big screen, no gaming involved. ;) I think I will pick the Vizio TV. They get good reviews. Some people are haters :P

Give me a boost. 

I only need a big screen, no gaming involved. ;) I think I will pick the Vizio TV. They get good reviews. Some people are haters :P

I use my Vizio 42 inch (older model even, like 5 years) as a monitor when the girl comes over for movies, and it looks just fine and functions well, so I don't see a problem.