Hi guys! About EVGA SC+ACX 2.0 980TI

lxyfutures

I always appreciate EVGA's quality and I used some evga's cards too...And now I decided to upgrade my PC I check this EVGA SC+ACX 2.0 980ti on amazon and the price seems ok ,but there's also a lot of other version like Gigabyte G1 , ASUS strix etc. I don't quiet understrand this all kinds of 'version'. They all looks pretty much the same...So can you guys help me? Thanks!

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

They look pretty much the same because they perform pretty much the same. I always recommend the Windforce design, but any design is good. Pick up the EVGA model.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

i have the same card and its great, quiet, doesnt spin up until 65+ degree and under full load sits around 75 degree

i7 5820K @ 4.4GHz | Evga GTX 980ti Superclocked | MSI X99 Sli Plus | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 | EVGA 850W Gold+ | 2TB HDD and 250GB SSD

NZXT Phantom 530 | Corsair H100i GTX | 

I always appreciate EVGA's quality and I used some evga's cards too...And now I decided to upgrade my PC I check this EVGA SC+ACX 2.0 980ti on amazon and the price seems ok ,but there's also a lot of other version like Gigabyte G1 , ASUS strix etc. I don't quiet understrand this all kinds of 'version'. They all looks pretty much the same...So can you guys help me? Thanks!

EVGA + Gigabyte = best customer support, if shit goes south..then.. 

The other cards allow for potentially better over clocking if you are after that, better cooling. 

You planning on water cooling at all? or just air? 

The one you have has be pre-overclocked, with EVGA's custom cooler.

Also depending on if you like it or not, make sure you order before the 8th for a free copy of metal gear solid 5. 

I have a funny feeling that assassins creed is the next promotion...and..well..yeah..

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

They're are all non-reference, so that's the same. Some cards have the same clock speed but different boost clock. Some have better or worse overclocking potential and have slightly better cooling.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

EVGA + Gigabyte = best customer support, if shit goes south..then.. 

The other cards allow for potentially better over clocking if you are after that, better cooling. 

You planning on water cooling at all? or just air? 

The one you have has be pre-overclocked, with EVGA's custom cooler.

Also depending on if you like it or not, make sure you order before the 8th for a free copy of metal gear solid 5. 

I have a funny feeling that assassins creed is the next promotion...and..well..yeah..

Thanks bro! I think air cooling maybe enough ,and I don't overclocking the cards, because the stock speed is more than enough for me.

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

Thanks bro! I think air cooling maybe enough ,and I don't overclocking the cards, because the stock speed is more than enough for me.

I would definitely go with the G1 http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-GV-N98TG1-Gaming-Graphics/dp/B00ZJP9DMC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1441463453&sr=8-3&keywords=gigabyte+g1&pebp=1441463461884&perid=1HXDNZNK524XAQ9PCT3M

I think its $10 bucks more, better cooling, I think better power delivery as well, and better overclocking results based on what I have seen from forum members when I was researching which one to get. 

:)

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf