$200 Audio and Mic Solution

ddswh1pk0s

Hey guys right now I have a Logitech G430 headset, I don't have any complaints about it just thought of an idea that would better suit my needs.

So I was thinking, maybe around Christmas time, of upgrading my headset. My budget is $200.

I heard that for the same price, you can buy a higher quality headset with no microphone and then buy a desktop microphone that is better than one on a headset.

If this is possible, what combination of headphones and desktop microphone would you guys recommend for around $200 AUD?

If this is not possible, what do you guys think of the Hyper X Cloud 2 headset?

Thanks in advance

snowball+some good $150 headphones

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hey guys right now I have a Logitech G430 headset, I don't have any complaints about it just thought of an idea that would better suit my needs.

So I was thinking, maybe around Christmas time, of upgrading my headset. My budget is $200.

I heard that for the same price, you can buy a higher quality headset with no microphone and then buy a desktop microphone that is better than one on a headset.

If this is possible, what combination of headphones and desktop microphone would you guys recommend for around $200 AUD?

If this is not possible, what do you guys think of the Hyper X Cloud 2 headset?

Thanks in advance

For the microphone I would highly recommend something such as this: (AT2020USB)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AS6OYC/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me= (You can find it on ebay for a bit cheaper, and every now and then it goes on sale for around $120)

Then maybe get something like the audio technica ath-m30x headphones, I've got the m20x and they're amazing, I'm sure the m30x are even more amazing :P (Also ordered the AT2020USB on wednesday when it was $130)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

For the microphone I would highly recommend something such as this: (AT2020USB)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AS6OYC/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me= (You can find it on ebay for a bit cheaper, and every now and then it goes on sale for around $120)

Then maybe get something like the audio technica ath-m30x headphones, I've got the m20x and they're amazing, I'm sure the m30x are even more amazing :P (Also ordered the AT2020USB on wednesday when it was $130)

I think he wants to spend $200 AUD on the headphones and microphone combined, not each. O:

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

I think he wants to spend $200 AUD on the headphones and microphone combined, not each. O:

Ah AUD.. then that's a different story lol.

But the ATH-M30Xs are only like $80 USD or so last I heard.

I've got no clue what australian pricing on stuff is so...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

That headset looks really good! Thanks!

Now just need a desktop microphone... Will a $10 potato desktop mic sound better or equal to the mic on a gaming headset, specifically a Logitech G430?

Probably going to buy the headset then the mic at a later date

Thanks