So there were a lot of issues with my laptop. So many that everyday a new problem would pop up. I got so annoyed that several times I was on the brink of smashing my laptop with my dad's sledge hammer. I realized that I probably did something at some point in the past to screw up my laptop this bad, so to be safe I installed Avast, Malwarbytes, Spybot and Norton to see if this was the work of a virus or any type of malware and I got nothing. Then I looked online ways to improve performance and how to fix it and how to detect problems with my laptop. I tried everything those webpages said, but my laptop was still garbage. Whenever there was a problem I would look online search ways to fix it, reading sites and forums like this one, but there were too too many issues to try and fix all of them so I said "Fuck It!" and decided to use the refresh option for my laptop. I had already backed up my stuff but it only allowed me to back up my personal files (music, videos, downloads documents etc.) so I copied and pasted all of the program files and program files (x86) to the file history folder in my hardrive in hopes that I get to have all of my programs and their relative files that help it work. I couldn't find any option to restore these files back into my computer so with programs and program files (x86) I copied and pasted them back into their respected folders on my laptop and "copy and replace" whatever was already in those folders. Now I have some programs back but others are missing, and when I do find them I can't find the executables or the files that'll allow me to open the programs. For example I tried looking for visual studio but couldn't find it anywhere, I found microsoft word, excel, powerpoint and onenote  but I can't open them. They have different names than Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, their names are "winword, powerpnt, onenote, and excel". Excel and OneNote have the proper names but word and powerpoint do not. Not to mention the size of them besides excel is suspiciously small. So those may not be the programs but I couldn't find anything else. Other programs that I found are there but I can't open them or give me some error message.

Can anybody please help me find my programs, and how to open the ones I found (Especially the microsoft office ones)?

Can you also tell me where I went wrong,? I'm thinking it was the program files and program files (x86) copying.

I am also not sure if I backed up properly either. I used file history but is there a better and more thorough way?

Known issues:

- Boot up would take so long sometimes it would boot up for an hour which is around the time I do a force restart.

- When it does boot up the screen turns black and stays until I left click the trackpad or wait for an hour.

-> I heard if you disable some startup programs it boot faster which I did but am still getting the same problem.

- The start menu won't open and neither would notifications.

- Overall slow when doing anything. So slow I wanted to claw my eyes out whenever I used my laptop.

- End up having to do 4-5 force restarts a day.

- Applications take a LONG time to open and half the time they never open at all.

- The taskbar would stop responding and freeze

- All of my programs would constantly say "not responding"

- In task manager the CPU hits 99% most of the time if not it stays at 89%, the memory is always above 80%, the Disk stays at 100% even though I have     like over 100 GB of free space. This laptop is going crazy, and this is with only a 3 or 4 apps open.

These issues are only what I can remember at the moment but like I said everyday there's a new issue.

Laptop info:

Lenovo Yoga 2 11s

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3530 -> 2.16 GHz

RAM: 4GB

So there were a lot of issues with my laptop. So many that everyday a new problem would pop up. I got so annoyed that several times I was on the brink of smashing my laptop with my dad's sledge hammer. I realized that I probably did something at some point in the past to screw up my laptop this bad, so to be safe I installed Avast, Malwarbytes, Spybot and Norton to see if this was the work of a virus or any type of malware and I got nothing. Then I looked online ways to improve performance and how to fix it and how to detect problems with my laptop. I tried everything those webpages said, but my laptop was still garbage. Whenever there was a problem I would look online search ways to fix it, reading sites and forums like this one, but there were too too many issues to try and fix all of them so I said "Fuck It!" and decided to use the refresh option for my laptop. I had already backed up my stuff but it only allowed me to back up my personal files (music, videos, downloads documents etc.) so I copied and pasted all of the program files and program files (x86) to the file history folder in my hardrive in hopes that I get to have all of my programs and their relative files that help it work. I couldn't find any option to restore these files back into my computer so with programs and program files (x86) I copied and pasted them back into their respected folders on my laptop and "copy and replace" whatever was already in those folders. Now I have some programs back but others are missing, and when I do find them I can't find the executables or the files that'll allow me to open the programs. For example I tried looking for visual studio but couldn't find it anywhere, I found microsoft word, excel, powerpoint and onenote  but I can't open them. They have different names than Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, their names are "winword, powerpnt, onenote, and excel". Excel and OneNote have the proper names but word and powerpoint do not. Not to mention the size of them besides excel is suspiciously small. So those may not be the programs but I couldn't find anything else. Other programs that I found are there but I can't open them or give me some error message.

Can anybody please help me find my programs, and how to open the ones I found (Especially the microsoft office ones)?

Can you also tell me where I went wrong,? I'm thinking it was the program files and program files (x86) copying.

I am also not sure if I backed up properly either. I used file history but is there a better and more thorough way?

Known issues:

- Boot up would take so long sometimes it would boot up for an hour which is around the time I do a force restart.

- When it does boot up the screen turns black and stays until I left click the trackpad or wait for an hour.

-> I heard if you disable some startup programs it boot faster which I did but am still getting the same problem.

- The start menu won't open and neither would notifications.

- Overall slow when doing anything. So slow I wanted to claw my eyes out whenever I used my laptop.

- End up having to do 4-5 force restarts a day.

- Applications take a LONG time to open and half the time they never open at all.

- The taskbar would stop responding and freeze

- All of my programs would constantly say "not responding"

- In task manager the CPU hits 99% most of the time if not it stays at 89%, the memory is always above 80%, the Disk stays at 100% even though I have     like over 100 GB of free space. This laptop is going crazy, and this is with only a 3 or 4 apps open.

These issues are only what I can remember at the moment but like I said everyday there's a new issue.

Laptop info:

Lenovo Yoga 2 11s

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3530 -> 2.16 GHz

RAM: 4GB

you've really messed it up

you can just drag programs back and forth from the backup

they have to be reinstalled

I would MAJORLY suggest doing a clean install of windows..since you've messed it up so much

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

That laptop is shit.

Use Magic jelly bean to find your product keys.

reinstall windows.

he's on 10

he won't need any keys

he's on 10

he won't need any keys

Not true.

Office and other Programs you can get the product key for, they can be important.

Not true.

Office and other Programs you can get the product key for, they can be important.

true..but doesn't sound like hes done any of that yet

That laptop is shit.

Use Magic jelly bean to find your product keys.

reinstall windows.

Yeah I know its shit but I don't have enough money to buy better one

you've really messed it up

you can just drag programs back and forth from the backup

they have to be reinstalled

I would MAJORLY suggest doing a clean install of windows..since you've messed it up so much

Do you have any ideas on what I did for it to get to this point?

Yeah I know its shit but I don't have enough money to buy better one

Do you have any ideas on what I did for it to get to this point?

how could I?

do you know how to do the clean install?

how could I?

do you know how to do the clean install?

Yeah just thought I could ask. I can look up how to do a clean install.