Do i need to upgrade my PSU?

demetrij

I'm planning on upgrading most of my pc this year, between now and christmas, and I feel like I might need to upgrade my psu.

Here's the final build

I5-6600K

MSI Z170A Krait

HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 8GB(4x2)

Gigabyte GTX 980TI G1

Swiftech H240X Water Cooler

Planning on using my Corsair CX750M Bronze rated psu. I don't really want to upgrade it unless I need to.

Thanks

If you can, buy an EVGA G2.  Those are higher quality.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

If you can, buy an EVGA G2.  Those are higher quality.

He'd be fine for now.

It'll be fine for a few upgrades. Get a EVGA GS or G2 if you plan on doing some overclocking though.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

He'd be fine for now.

It'll be fine for a few upgrades. Get a EVGA GS or G2 if you plan on doing some overclocking though.

What size would you think i'd be good with if I were to do that? My main concern was the 980TI because of the factory OC and the massive power draw that thing can have. Not trying a shiny new $700 gpu

What size would you think i'd be good with if I were to do that? My main concern was the 980TI because of the factory OC and the massive power draw that thing can have. Not trying a shiny new $700 gpu

It's not that 750w isn't enough. It's that the PSU isn't the greatest. It'll be fine like I said but I suggest getting a 850w minimum. 850w should allow for SLI in the future.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

It's not that 750w isn't enough. It's that the PSU isn't the greatest. It'll be fine like I said but I suggest getting a 850w minimum. 850w should allow for SLI in the future.

No plans for sli yet ;) but that sounds good. If i was to get an 750w or a 850w, i'd just need to get a higher quality psu then?

No plans for sli yet ;) but that sounds good. If i was to get an 750w or a 850w, i'd just need to get a higher quality psu then?

Yeah pretty much,

EVGA G2 850w is a good one :)

Awesome, not too bad of a price either. Thanks for the help

Go for it :).

i have one, It's a freaking amazing PSU.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

I'm planning on upgrading most of my pc this year, between now and christmas, and I feel like I might need to upgrade my psu.

Here's the final build

I5-6600K

MSI Z170A Krait

HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 8GB(4x2)

Gigabyte GTX 980TI G1

Swiftech H240X Water Cooler

Planning on using my Corsair CX750M Bronze rated psu. I don't really want to upgrade it unless I need to.

Thanks

For now you're good. Next upgrade you do, whether it's RAM or maybe a better case - whatever, do a PSU upgrade.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||