Reccomendation?

Nugsy

Hey all, I'm looking for a cheap entry level mech keyboard, preferrably with leds and a numpad. I'm in Canada so canadian links would be appreciated, thank in advance for your time and consideration.

Hey all, I'm looking for a cheap entry level mech keyboard, preferrably with leds and a numpad. I'm in Canada so canadian links would be appreciated, thank in advance for your time and consideration.

What keyswitch do you want? And before you say you don't care yes you do. 

So go ahead and check the keyswitch link in my sig :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

What is "cheap" in this case?

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

What is "cheap" in this case?

What keyswitch do you want? And before you say you don't care yes you do. 

So go ahead and check the keyswitch link in my sig :)

Lol I guess I shoulda specified. I'm gonna say 160ish is the top of my budget but I'd rather it be under 100. And I think I'll enjoy mx blues or browns, or something that can compare at least x).

Lol I guess I shoulda specified. I'm gonna say 160ish is the top of my budget but I'd rather it be under 100. And I think I'll enjoy mx blues or browns, or something that can compare at least x).

Check out everything from Cooler Master. Gonna be your best bet for under $100. If you can afford Ducky then check them out too.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Check out everything from Cooler Master. Gonna be your best bet for under $100. If you can afford Ducky then check them out too.

Thanks! I've heard good things about CM but have always been skeptical.. I'll check em out!

I keep finding the Azio MGK, it looks pretty good for 100$. Has anybody used any Azio prodructs before?

You could maybe even look into WASD Keyboards, I think their boards are around that kind of price mark

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I keep finding the Azio MGK, it looks pretty good for 100$. Has anybody used any Azio prodructs before?

They use Kailh switches, which are pretty much Chinese copies of Cherry switches. The feel is very similar to Cherry for a lower price, but the quality control is not as good. It won't be surprise if you find one weird key in your Azio keyboard. If that happens though, you should be able to get an exchange.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

They use Kailh switches, which are pretty much Chinese copies of Cherry switches. The feel is very similar to Cherry for a lower price, but the quality control is not as good. It won't be surprise if you find one weird key in your Azio keyboard. If that happens though, you should be able to get an exchange.

I'm sorta familliar with kailh, but i didn't know their product was so poorly produced. Thanks for the heads up x)

You could maybe even look into WASD Keyboards, I think their boards are around that kind of price mark

Have you ordered from them? I'm worried about how well the customization works. If I did order from them I would probably do a cutom key layout so it'd be nice to know how those turn out as well :P

One last thing.. I'm really stuck between having a tactile or linear switches. Is the "tactile bump" ever annoying, or more helpful than anything?

I have a CMStorm Quickfire TK. Pretty good, pretty cheap and pretty small. I got the Cherry Blue version.

Edit: CMStorm also do the Quickfire Rapid if you'd prefer not to have the numpad/arrow key toggle and just the arrow keys.

Edit 2: To answer your most recent post, the Cherry Blue switches are quite loud. If you've come from a membrane KB the difference will be very noticable but after some use you'll get used to it. Also, my computer is well away from family members, so they won't hear me clacking away. If you're going to be around people when you're using it I'd recommend the quieter linear switches because it will most certainly interrupt what they're trying to listen to, especially if you're doing productivity work or something that requires you to type at a high WPM.

Have you ordered from them? I'm worried about how well the customization works. If I did order from them I would probably do a cutom key layout so it'd be nice to know how those turn out as well :P

I haven't personally, but I do know if you want custom printing on the keys you need to upload your file as a vector image (such as an SVG file). You could probably drop them an email to ask directly

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM