Nivdia Graphics Problem.

MrMerkaHolik

I just installed a fresh windows 7 onto my computer and every time I installed my graphics drivers for my gtx 970 theres always some sort of problem. The first time I installed the drivers and rebooted the windows 7 logo animation finished then my screen went black and I could still hear the windows welcome sound. After that I installed windows 7 again and this time installed the driver from the CD it came with. This time it got past the logo but I can only see the desktop background no taskbar, logos or anything. Also when I try to ctrl alt delete it just gives me a black screen. It never did this before and I have no idea what to do about it. The only thing I'm about doing is installing windows 10 to a usb drive and install it.t

Did you install the other drivers first?

Yes I installed my motherboard drivers, Lan Driver, usb 3.0 driver then I installed the graphics driver. But I never checked for a bios update.

Start in safe mode and try to reinstall the drivers.

How do I start in safemode? I heard you have to press F8 but thats a key to go into my bios. My motherboard is a asus z97-A

hold the shift key and press f8.

just went into safe mode with networking and installed a older driver and its still doing the same thing. It loads past the logo then brings me to my background with no taskbar or anything.

I just installed a fresh windows 7 onto my computer and every time I installed my graphics drivers for my gtx 970 theres always some sort of problem. The first time I installed the drivers and rebooted the windows 7 logo animation finished then my screen went black and I could still hear the windows welcome sound. After that I installed windows 7 again and this time installed the driver from the CD it came with. This time it got past the logo but I can only see the desktop background no taskbar, logos or anything. Also when I try to ctrl alt delete it just gives me a black screen. It never did this before and I have no idea what to do about it. The only thing I'm about doing is installing windows 10 to a usb drive and install it.t

What are your specs, becuase I know when I cold boot, before I upgraded my RAM, I would have to sometimes wait a few minutes for the tabs and my shortcuts to load.

SPECS or it didn't happen. click the link in my signature.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

What are your specs, becuase I know when I cold boot, before I upgraded my RAM, I would have to sometimes wait a few minutes for the tabs and my shortcuts to load.

SPECS or it didn't happen. click the link in my signature.

Intel Core i7 4790k Not overclocked

16GB Corsair Vengeance

500gb WD Blue

GTX 970

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

ASUS Z97-A