No POST

harrrry

So when I added another stick of RAM and an SSD and tried to boot the PC starts up for a second then shuts down straight after. Without touching the PC it will boot up again but will not do much else. The fans remain at full speed and nothing displays on the monitor. All the components seem to be working fine and I have tried without the new components and still nothing. The mother board LEDs light up past the CPU but stop on the DRAM however there is no flashing like the manual suggests here would be if it was an issue. I've tried plugging everything in again and clearing the CMOS so I don't really know what to do. My specs are: WD Caviar Blue, R9 295X2, i5 4690K, Kraken X61, Corsair 1000W PSU, 16GB of RAM.

Try starting with minimal specs. Just one stick of ram and so on

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

So when I added another stick of RAM and an SSD and tried to boot the PC starts up for a second then shuts down straight after. Without touching the PC it will boot up again but will not do much else. The fans remain at full speed and nothing displays on the monitor. All the components seem to be working fine and I have tried without the new components and still nothing. The mother board LEDs light up past the CPU but stop on the DRAM however there is no flashing like the manual suggests here would be if it was an issue. I've tried plugging everything in again and clearing the CMOS so I don't really know what to do. My specs are: WD Caviar Blue, R9 295X2, i5 4690K, Kraken X61, Corsair 1000W PSU, 16GB of RAM.

what ram did you install and what did you have in the machine already

~snip~

Hey there harrrry,

I'd also suggest running the system on its bare minimums and see if you can get into BIOS (CPU, stock cooler, 1 stick of memory (try each of them in each slot), no GPU or storage devices). If you can get into BIOS, start adding parts one by one and see which one causes the problem. If not - look for guidelines on the internet about how to properly test the PSU with a multimeter if it's functioning properly. I'd also take the motherboard to a technician for a health check. Do contact the manufacturer of the motherboard and ask for some advice on how to proceed with the problem, I'm sure the guys there can give you some useful advice. 

Regarding the storage, I'd take both drives (the SSD and the WD Blue) to another working computer, plug them externally or internally and check their health with a diagnostic utility from the manufacturer. For WD Blue that would be WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=G0HIhC Check if the drive passes both the quick and the extended tests. if you are not sure about the health status of any of the drives, feel free to post a screenshot of the S.M.A.R.T. status of the drives here and we can help you. :)

Feel free to ask if you happen to have any questions :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/