GRID 2 review? NOW WITH A PHOTO!

I didn't see this coming. I'll add pictures later.

I've played GRID 2 long enough to say what it's good at and what it's not good at.

Full review in the spoilers.

GRID 2 is Codemasters' attempt to reboot... I guess, the TOCA Race Driver franchise into GRID. And they fucked up pretty bad. The first problem you'll quickly notice? The shoehorned plot. Yeah, GRID 2 has a plot. And it's really stupid. I mean they just took DiRT 3 and threw extra things to make it more appealing to the "current" generation. I've never really played Race Driver: Grid (I'm referring it to that name moreso for simplification) but I noticed right off the bat that the shoehorned plot wasn't gonna be any good.

Next, the driving physics. They're too drifty for this type of game. It could've worked, but Codemasters kinda forgot what this was a sequel to.

Oh, and there's DLC up the ass.

Now to the positives. First, the graphics are really pretty. Even going just to medium and you notice that the game looks REALLY good there.

Here is the game at a mix of mostly medium and some low details.

k0pJg.png

k0pVe.png

Note that both images have been scaled to a proper 16:9 aspect ratio from 1024x768, so it could look clearer.

Second, the tracks. They're very nicely detailed and just well done. Can't say much more than that.

Car models, and models and textures of most everything, are really good looking.

In the end, Codemasters used a bunch of gimmicks in exchange for any substance in a plot, that, honestly, could've worked. Even in this series.

TL;DR

Pros: nice graphics, nice looking models and tracks

Cons: shitty plot, inappropriate driving physics, shoehorned DLC

What would I give GRID 2 after all of this tacked on?

Meh, probably a 67/100.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Did you enjoy it? I did for about a weekend when it was free, no way I would pay for it, didn't really like the physics, don't like the physics and it can put you off a driving game very quickly. Grid autosport is good, however I haven't really played it much, no driving game thus far has grabbed me more than the forza series or the Gran turismo series. Honestly I prefer racing games when it comes to consoles as I'm not looking for simulation with my games as I don't have a wheel.. Turn 10 are just so damn good at making games. If they released one on the PC I would buy it for £100 because I want it so much.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Did you enjoy it? I did for about a weekend when it was free, no way I would pay for it, didn't really like the physics, don't like the physics and it can put you off a driving game very quickly. Grid autosport is good, however I haven't really played it much, no driving game thus far has grabbed me more than the forza series or the Gran turismo series. Honestly I prefer racing games when it comes to consoles as I'm not looking for simulation with my games as I don't have a wheel.. 

Honestly, not really.

Most of it is contributed to the story but eh

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

good racing, shit story.

Overall I like the game.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Who cares... game is like 2$

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Not if I can help it

besides you're thinking of the first one

Grid Autosport is 3$ on G2a lulz

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU