just come up with an amazing idea for a loop

so I went to college to do plumbing and i just got a brain wave, why doesn't someone make a cooling loop with push fit fittings and speedfit plastic pipe.

a modder could make a reservoir and pump that looks like an old copper boiler, i think this would be a really good idea, what do you guys think?

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

Dont mean to burst your bubble there, but Bitspower and Barrow already have push fit hard line tubing fittings. Look up C47 Crystal link in google images and you will see. Dual oring desigin in a knurled fitting. They are really good, and dont leak (often).

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Dont mean to burst your bubble there, but Bitspower and Barrow already have push fit hard line tubing fittings. Look up C47 Crystal link in google images and you will see. Dual oring desigin in a knurled fitting. They are really good, and dont leak (often).

but i mean do it the proper way with the proper fittings plumbers actually use.

like these couplings, if they made a case big enough which there are ones already out, it could be done.

$_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

90 degree

642a81937c9306d48688d7242acaa6ac.png

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

but i mean do it the proper way with the proper fittings plumbers actually use.

like these couplings, if they made a case big enough which there are ones already out, it could be done.

$_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Well doing it a "proper" way as you put it but using fittings from the local hardware store, well, IMO is gonna look bit tacky.

You can use any hard line tubing fitting for copper pipe if your going the steampunk route.

Frankly, there is NO reason why you can not do as you've sugested there. It is very possible to do it. The only concern I would have is that, PC water cooling fittings have compact locations in mind, where fittings as shown above don't. Diong tight runs may not turn out the best.

Plus Finding a G1/4 thread at the hardware store is not a very common thing. Most plumbing sections I've seen only hold NPT, BSW or BSP threaded parts.

Anything is possible, since water cooling PCs started off with pond pumps and Motorcycle radiators, and home made water blocks, and they still worked............. :)

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Well doing it a "proper" way as you put it but using fittings from the local hardware store, well, IMO is gonna look bit tacky.

You can use any hard line tubing fitting for copper pipe if your going the steampunk route.

Frankly, there is NO reason why you can not do as you've sugested there. It is very possible to do it. The only concern I would have is that, PC water cooling fittings have compact locations in mind, where fittings as shown above don't. Diong tight runs may not turn out the best.

Plus Finding a G1/4 thread at the hardware store is not a very common thing. Most plumbing sections I've seen only hold NPT, BSW or BSP threaded parts.

Anything is possible, since water cooling PCs started off with pond pumps and Motorcycle radiators, and home made water blocks, and they still worked............. :)

:P this is why it should be done by a modder as a modded build, i think if you could get smaller diameter fittings that wouldnt look huge in the case and get small pipe it would look a lot neater, the whole concept of this is so that it actually looks like a system in someones house with the whole boiler style pump/reservoir, if i could draw id design it and show you hehe.

:P this is why it should be done by a modder as a modded build, i think if you could get smaller diameter fittings that wouldnt look huge in the case and get small pipe it would look a lot neater, the whole concept of this is so that it actually looks like a system in someones house with the whole boiler style pump/reservoir, if i could draw id design it and show you hehe.

If your talking about push in style fittings there are ones made for that specific purpose but the popularity of them isn't high due to the look and easy of use since to break down the loop is a bit more teadeous having to push and release the plastic collar compared to unscrewing a fitting for most users:

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/8mm-G14-Plug-in-fitting-black-Nickel-Plated_47506.html

Plumbing style fittings are available. As W-L pointed out, they come in G1/4" thread. Koolance also sells thread adapters to convert from some NPT threads to G1/4", along with also selling compression fittings for copper tubing that use ferrules instead of o-rings. Given that G1/4" is a British pipe standard, you should be able to find really any kind of fitting you want for British plumbing -- expect to have to ship it in from overseas, though, if you live in the US. The fact that Bitspower and the like make fittings doesn't preclude you from shopping around. Festo USA sells push-fit fittings similar to what you're wanting, and if you want to go with brass fittings, those are avaiable as well. Again you just need to shop around.

The only difference between plumbing fittings and what Bitspower, EK, Koolance, Swiftech, Monsoon, and the other fitting manufacturers have is looks. Otherwise as long as the fittings and fixtures are G1/4" standard thread, you should be able to use whatever you want.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6