AMD R9 Nano compared to a pencil!

ozziestig

that is 10% gains. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9306/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-review/17

well it fucking better since it's so damn overpriced. it should beat the 980ti too or atleast match it.

Why would the Nano have to beat a card that costs more? Even matching it is not comparable, as the Nano is less than 2/3rds the size of a 980ti. You cannot even get a 980ti the same size. This is a unique products you can use in scenarios no other product can. And we all know smaller tech comes at a higher price point.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Why would the Nano have to beat a card that costs more? Even matching it is not comparable, as the Nano is less than 2/3rds the size of a 980ti. You cannot even get a 980ti the same size. This is a unique products you can use in scenarios no other product can. And we all know smaller tech comes at a higher price point.

fury nano is $650?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

fury nano is $650?

Launch price. The cheapest 980ti on PC partpicker is also 650. So the Nano should be cheaper in a month or so. Still doesn't change the fact that the Nano can fulfil scenarios the 980ti is not physically able to. As well as NVidia crashing and burning in Dx12 async compute and thus VR.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Launch price. The cheapest 980ti on PC partpicker is also 650. So the Nano should be cheaper in a month or so. Still doesn't change the fact that the Nano can fulfil scenarios the 980ti is not physically able to. As well as NVidia crashing and burning in Dx12 async compute and thus VR.

980ti also had that launch price and trust me, the way it looks now nvidia can still lower prices, amd doesn't seem that way since 3xx series increased in price. 

fury nano might be cute and it might be the card that fits in very small cases, but it's a massive tradeoff to any person anyway. Especially when you look at LTT videos and see what they can fit in a tiny cube anyway. (5960x and titan x)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

980ti also had that launch price and trust me, the way it looks now nvidia can still lower prices, amd doesn't seem that way since 3xx series increased in price. 

fury nano might be cute and it might be the card that fits in very small cases, but it's a massive tradeoff to any person anyway. Especially when you look at LTT videos and see what they can fit in a tiny cube anyway. (5960x and titan x)

But the nano is not a mainstream card. None of the Fiji cards are. But the Fury X and the Nano are an introduction to what we should see next year with 14/16nm FF chips. I bet NVidia will also release tiny high end cards next year. That is one of the points of HBM: Smaller and simpler power delivery systems and smaller vram footprint.

Right now cases are designed for huge cards, as cards are huge. That was the point of AMD's project quantum: To show that we can have much smaller high end pc's with HBM. That "tiny" cube case is rather big compared to what is doable. Just look at the Dan Lian Li case in here. And that fits a larger card too. You could probably cut 20-30% of the size of that case with a nano. With high capacity SSD's, SFF PSU's and tiny high end GPU's, we are seeing a paradigme shift in gaming PC's. One that might even lead to gaming laptops being the standard soon.

they may have just increased prices because they saw they were selling well.... or there is the other thing... the dealers increased prices based on demand and lower avaliability..

Remember that Nvidia has bigger expenses then AMD due to more employees, and a lot of marketing... imagine all the money AMD saves on NOT marketing at all... gotta be a few millions... then imagine all the money they could get, if they did marketing xD

they may have just increased prices because they saw they were selling well.... or there is the other thing... the dealers increased prices based on demand and lower avaliability..

Remember that Nvidia has bigger expenses then AMD due to more employees, and a lot of marketing... imagine all the money AMD saves on NOT marketing at all... gotta be a few millions... then imagine all the money they could get, if they did marketing xD

fury chip is way more expensive to make than 980ti everyone knows that...

Spoiler

A pencil is literally the worse thing to use as a size comparison.

excluding a penis

Chip isnt. Interposer is...

What are you basing that on? It's a super simple thing to make, at 65nm at that. The yields are as close to 100% as you can make it. The interposer is super cheap to manufacture. Considering it's not a problem to connect over 2011 points on an x99 CPU, it should not be an issue her either.

What are you basing that on? It's a super simple thing to make, at 65nm at that. The yields are as close to 100% as you can make it. The interposer is super cheap to manufacture. Considering it's not a problem to connect over 2011 points on an x99 CPU, it should not be an issue her either.

its teh size that causes issues... the size of the interposer is hitting the limits of what TSCM can make, in terms of interposers.....

HBM also costs some. But the interposer is by far the most expensive... remember you need to make a 4096bit wide bus... that is A LOT of connections to make for that data to fit through...

its teh size that causes issues... the size of the interposer is hitting the limits of what TSCM can make, in terms of interposers.....

HBM also costs some. But the interposer is by far the most expensive... remember you need to make a 4096bit wide bus... that is A LOT of connections to make for that data to fit through...

Not sure TSMC is manufacturing the interposer. Honestly I think they don't, as I doubt they still have 65nm manufacturing. Also you're going to have to give me a source on that, because the interposer is super simple to produce at 65nm, with some big, not super precise traces. These are traces, not transistors. The interposer is super cheap to make. The price premium comes from the HBM and the actual Fiji chip, because that is as large as TSMC can make it, and super complex with 4096 stream processors. I think you are confusing the interposer with the actual GPU chip.

Looking at the die and related silicon bits the first thing that stands out is the interposer. It is a 1011mm^2 part made on a 65nm UMC process. Since it is passive there are no transistors on it and the metal layer count is two or three, AMD would again not be specific. Since they are meant for carrying signals a long way across the die plus have balls attached, they are likely the wider, higher layer number rules, so again cheap to make.

https://semiaccurate.com/2015/06/22/amd-talks-fiji-fiji-x-odd-bits-tech/

I'm sure they will need to lover the price in time. Anyway, waiting for reviews.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Yes we actually could, but I do it more as a perpetual reminded of how fucking stupid AMD naming schemes are.

We don't talk about the "GTX 980 non-ti"

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II