AMD R9 Nano compared to a pencil!

ozziestig

Looks like AMD are sending out the review samples of their new Fiji based card out into the wild.

PCWorld got their hands on a sample and did a size comparison.

CN7MApJVAAAo7Az.jpg

And also a 970 mITX card

CN7bNriVAAAou4i.jpg

Boy the nano is small.

Also here is how the R9 nano was born

uwjNnQT.gif

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2979831/components-graphics/first-look-amd-radeon-r9-nano-compared-to-the-fury-a-tiny-gtx-970-and-a-pencil.html

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

AMD needs to sell this for less than $650...

I know they're trying to make profit but that's too much.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I completely agree!

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Still waiting for a proper review from Linus or Jay to see the temps and other performance...

Well with this we know they might have the review samples and are testing until the embargo(dunno if their is one?) is up.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

They still won`t sell a lot at that price. A 980 Ti beats this by a huge margin at the same cost and also fits in 99% of all builds.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Yeah less than $650 USD so it's less than $1000 in Australia.

Spoiler

I'd buy it for $500 max.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well with this we know they might have the review samples and are testing until the embargo(dunno if their is one?) is up.

Linus definitely has a review sample http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/443057-updated-the-tech-report-wont-receive-a-r9-fury-nano-for-review/?p=5937891

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

get used to it, this gonna be every card from now on

no more penis extensions either, gpus being power efficient etc...

ahahaah

Saw that on the live stream yesterday it was epic!

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

I'd buy it for $500 max.

Not even, Fury non x is $500, this should be 400.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

They still won`t sell a lot at that price. A 980 Ti beats this by a huge margin at the same cost and also fits in 99% of all builds.

but this card is not for the 99% but the 1% that the 980ti sized card can't fit into.

I wounder if you can overclock this think to close or past Fury X performance if its on a waterblock. I know it only has 1 8pin but you can just force it past it limits.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Not even, Fury non x is $500, this should be 400.

Actually the MSRP of the Fury non X is 550$.

but this card is not for the 99% but the 1% that the 980ti sized card can't fit into.

I wounder if you can overclock this think to close or past Fury X performance if its on a waterblock. I know it only has 1 8pin but you can just force it past it limits.

Power is definitely going to be the limiting factor in terms of overclocking.

so 450.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Would be great if they sell for less than 200.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Looks like AMD are sending out the review samples of their new Fiji based card out into the wild.

PCWorld got their hands on a sample and did a size comparison.

CN7MApJVAAAo7Az.jpg

And also a 970 mITX card

CN7bNriVAAAou4i.jpg

Boy the nano is small.

Also here is how the R9 nano was born

uwjNnQT.gif

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2979831/components-graphics/first-look-amd-radeon-r9-nano-compared-to-the-fury-a-tiny-gtx-970-and-a-pencil.html

That is a small card. Probably the best for small PCs. But it is a bit pricey.

Power is definitely going to be the limiting factor in terms of overclocking.

its mostly going to be the power supply, you better make sure it can output the amp required over 1 cable. I do now most single rail power supplies should be able to do that.

the reason for multi plugs on GPU's is that the connectors are not rated for it, and allows for multi rail power supplies to work on the GPU.

I also wounder if the Fury X block fits on it?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I'm gonna pick up this card when it comes out. I want to put together a small form factor build for my living room. 

Lol, as if we haven't had high end graphics cards that small before.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

its mostly going to be the power supply, you better make sure it can output the amp required over 1 cable. I do now most single rail power supplies should be able to do that.

the reason for multi plugs on GPU's is that the connectors are not rated for it, and allows for multi rail power supplies to work on the GPU.

The PCB is smaller, so a Fury X block probably won't fit.

Still waiting for a proper review from Linus or Jay to see the temps and other performance...

im putting a bey on it being quite warm or shit and cool

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

im putting a bey on it being quite warm or shit and cool

I'd also estimate that it won't have much headroom for overclocking. Maybe its even clocked lower than the real FuryX. But I'm still excited for what it really will be.

who cares...

why would you want to mount a waterblock on this shit card, would completely defeat the purpose of buying it over fury x

I'd also estimate that it won't have much headroom for overclocking. Maybe its even clocked lower than the real FuryX. But I'm still excited for what it really will be.

why are you excited, it's barely more powerful than 290x in amd's own benchmarks.

Spoiler