Future of Immersive Gaming (VR and Gaming Cockpits)

What do you think how gaming will be in the next 10 years !

Will VR be a thing ? Will Gaming cockpits like the obutto revolution make sense anymore even for racing and flight simulation?

Would technology allow something like what happened in the TRON series? (Going in the computer to experience the game first hand)

Would a setup like that cost a fortune?

Would we reach to point where GPU's become so effective that you wouldn't need to spend a lot to play at the highest settings at the highest resolution to experience a good framerate?

Could newer technology reduce cost for the High end user ?

Post your thoughts !

Will add more polls to it !

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

In the poll I meant the most popular resolution like how 1080p is now

I will correct it

What do you think how gaming will be in the next 10 years !

Will VR be a thing ? Will Gaming cockpits like the obutto revolution make sense anymore even for racing and flight simulation?

Would technology allow something like what happened in the TRON series? (Going in the computer to experience the game first hand)

Would a setup like that cost a fortune?

Would we reach to point where GPU's become so effective that you wouldn't need to spend a lot to play at the highest settings at the highest resolution to experience a good framerate?

Could newer technology reduce cost for the High end user ?

Post your thoughts !

Will add more polls to it !

The next 10 years? The poll is for 2020, which is 5 years away.

VR and Gaming "cockpits" weird me out and I doubt they'll be able to produce cheap ones for mass-consumption within the next decade.

Probably not, this isn't a sci-fi world.

Yes.

No, the aim of GPU companies is to make more money, they would never make all their cards "effective" unless you're willing to pay a premium price.

No, the price will always be high as it's how companies make money.

Mainstream-wise, 1440p will be the standard. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

If we look at what will be mainstream in 5 years then I believe 4k and, 8k will be more for the Enthusiast.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

In the poll I meant the most popular resolution like how 1080p is now

I will correct it

You could have just added this to your first post instead of creating a new one.

On topic: I think it might even be a higher resolution than 8k.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

The next 10 years? The poll is for 2020, which is 5 years away.

VR and Gaming "cockpits" weird me out and I doubt they'll be able to produce cheap ones for mass-consumption within the next decade.

Probably not, this isn't a sci-fi world.

Yes.

No, the aim of GPU companies is to make more money, they would never make all their cards "effective" unless you're willing to pay a premium price.

No, the price will always be high as it's how companies make money.

Mainstream-wise, 1440p will be the standard. 

I only meant poll

Rest of the article is meant for the next 10 years

8k Is over kill, 5k is not in demand due to 4k and I think 1440p is too low of a res. I think it will be 4k

8k Is over kill, 5k is not in demand due to 4k and I think 1440p is too low of a res. I think it will be 4k

I guess 8K will be the 4K of today in the next 5-10 years

I guess 8K will be the 4K of today in the next 5-10 years

Yep. 8K is for the pixel loving gamer with like 4x GTX1990TI with 24Gbs of DDR7 Ram Each

If we look at what will be mainstream in 5 years then I believe 4k and 8k will be more for the Enthusiast.

But technology is evolving and probably 4K might end up being mainstream

But technology is evolving and probably 4K might end up being mainstream

That's what I said 4k would be mainstream. 8k will be more for Enthusiast.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

4k will be for sure, especially how much the price per £ dollar of gpu's is getting better and not to mention how much faster they are now!!! I reckon 60 fps 4k will be like the norm and it will be as easy as 1080p is for a 970 to run at 60 fps I reckon

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

4k will be for sure, especially how much the price per £ dollar of gpu's is getting better and not to mention how much faster they are now!!! I reckon 60 fps 4k will be like the norm and it will be as easy as 1080p is for a 970 to run at 60 fps I reckon

I agree with thou