Building a PC for architectural 3d renderings

bhaskar_narula

I use autocad and sketchup to design buildings, make drawings and sometimes its necessary to render the 3d views which I generate out of Sketchup. 

Artlantis, Lumion, Su Podium, Octane render, Vray, Visualizer, Raylectron etc are some of the softwares that I am trying to learn and then figure out which one I would like to buy.

Some of these software use the CPU power and some use the GPU power to render. I would like to make a PC which is great on both accounts. 

I have heard that GPU rendering is now catching up and is becoming more popular. Most of the information that is available is for building gaming PCs. I do not game at all but I love to render and would like to build the best PC that I can in a budget of around $4000-5000. I would really appreciate all the advice. 

Linus....help.

Cheers!

Honestly I don't know but the best bet would probably be a Titan or a Quadro or A Tesla.
if no gaming I would suggest some CPU with integrated graphics with a REALLY high end GPU.

I use autocad and sketchup to design buildings, make drawings and sometimes its necessary to render the 3d views which I generate out of Sketchup. 

Artlantis, Lumion, Su Podium, Octane render, Vray, Visualizer, Raylectron etc are some of the softwares that I am trying to learn and then figure out which one I would like to buy.

Some of these software use the CPU power and some use the GPU power to render. I would like to make a PC which is great on both accounts. 

I have heard that GPU rendering is now catching up and is becoming more popular. Most of the information that is available is for building gaming PCs. I do not game at all but I love to render and would like to build the best PC that I can in a budget of around $4000-5000. I would really appreciate all the advice. 

Linus....help.

Cheers!

Bhaskar,

Do you need monitors for this computer build? If so, how many? 

Buzzsaw - I'm Buzzsaw and you're not.

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard -- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF X299 MARK 2 (LGA 2066 R4) * 
Graphics -- SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz) -- 4096 MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series 
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device
Optical Drives -- ASUS DRW-24B1ST * Audio -- Realtek High Definition Audio

#Buzzsaw, I would like to have 2 monitors atleast. Maybe a possibility of a third.

#DannyRyu, ..I would like both my CPU and GPU to be the best they can. I dont mind more than one GPU, if that helps.

#DannyRyu, ..I would like both my CPU and GPU to be the best they can. I dont mind more than one GPU, if that helps.

With my program it only supports either CPU or GPU rendering I can't do both at once. How's yours?