Seating

SamMan

I have been looking to make and upgrade to a new chair for my set up and saying as there isn't a specific thread for chairs I thought peripherals was the place to start it.

I currently have a £50 chair off Amazon which has been fine. The problem is that after long periods of time my lower back has started to get sore and it has become a bit of a problem.

The main reason for this post then. 

Am I better to go for one of those cool looking gaming chairs which have the cushions for the lumbar support or for a proper £500 chair which has the proper lumbar support but just doesn't have the look unless you are going for the really expensive ones

I have been looking to make and upgrade to a new chair for my set up and saying as there isn't a specific thread for chairs I thought peripherals was the place to start it.

I currently have a £50 chair off Amazon which has been fine. The problem is that after long periods of time my lower back has started to get sore and it has become a bit of a problem.

The main reason for this post then. 

Am I better to go for one of those cool looking gaming chairs which have the cushions for the lumbar support or for a proper £500 chair which has the proper lumbar support but just doesn't have the look unless you are going for the really expensive ones

Proper chair, dont get theses stupid gaming chairs. Dont screw with your bodies comfort/pain. Not only that foam ALWAYS gives out.

I have a Herman Aeron Miller it has a woven seat and back, it breaths better and isnt going to go out like a foam

Not only that I got it for constraint mild back pains I was having and its been amazing for them.

...no...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Wtf, that's like half the price of a DxRacer

its also 1/10th as good, its a horrible seat

SNIP

get a PROPER chair, Like a Herman Miller (the sayl is quite cheap) or  Humanscale or something

100% worth the money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

its also 1/10th as good, its a horrible seat

get a PROPER chair, Like a Herman Miller (the sayl is quite cheap) or  Humanscale or something

100% worth the money

Slightly hijacking the thread here, but what do you currently use? You generally seem to have good taste. :P

I'm kinda fighting the urge to impulse buy a DXRacer chair on Massdrop for ~$270. I'm just not a fan of mesh seats, and I really want something that I can lean back in and support the head atop my 6'0" body. :S

Slightly hijacking the thread here, but what do you currently use? You generally seem to have good taste. :P

I'm kinda fighting the urge to impulse buy a DXRacer chair on Massdrop for ~$270. I'm just not a fan of mesh seats, and I really want something that I can lean back in and support the head atop my 6'0" body. :S

Bought a nice like £300 chair from staples

its a bit shit, I want to get a herman miller aeron next year

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii