Finally: PC-Build for Gaming

Gamdschiee

Hello,

I have been waiting for the IFA in Berlin and Intel does not released the Xeon-Skylake for desktop-use. The only one interesting non-OC CPU is the i7-6700. I live in Austria and this CPU does currently cost 350EUR, which is too much for a non-OC CPU.

Haswell-System:
Xeon E3 1231 v3 ~250€
B85 Pro ~70€
8GB DDR3 RAM ~40€
Overall: ~360€

Skylake-System:
i7-6700er let's say at the end of september ~300€
passendes H-Board dazu -> 100€?
8GB DDR4 RAM -> 60€?
Overall: ~460€

1. Are the prices of the Skylake-System right?

2. Is it worth to pay 100€ more for the Skylake-System to get very low performance improvements that I can't even recognize while Gaming?

I only play RPG's like Witcher 3, GTAV, MGSV and all the other upcoming RPG's. Sometimes the campagne of an ego-shooter, but never mulitplayer! I'll play on a Dell u2515(not bought yet) with a r390. I think on high/ultra and lower AntiAliasing you can play very smooth at 60FPS with still a beautiful graphic.

I hope you can help me to make the right decision.

Sincerely,

Gamdschiee

Anyone tips please?

Here are a few questions for you:

Why do you want a non-overclocked CPU?

If you're on a budget, why are you interested in Skylake?

What's your budget?

Okay maybe there are too less thoughts about it.

Here a few:

- I want the right CPU for future safety and for me it is the best way to go for a Xeon E3-1231 v3. It is cheap as a i5 and have hyperthreading, wich can be helpful for games in future, maybe. Why not overclockable CPU? Because overclocking is not important for Gaming. Much more important is the GPU, not the CPU. I do not play strategy games, where the CPU is a little more important. I think when I upgrade my graphic cards in a interval of 2 years, I will be play Games at highest detail with the xeon. I do not need a higher clock speed for gaming or what do you guys say?

-I am not interested on Skylake, that is why I ask if I really go for skylake, because the performance is similiar haswell.

The xeon will be just fine even after 3-4 years due to its hyperthreading.

Also the ddr4 that will cost around 70-80$ wont be that good ( bad cas latency) .

The site has changed....

Hmm, why is nobody helping me?

Alright sorry for no one helping you.

The build you posted looks fine.

Get something along the lines of

Xeon 1231v3

H97 Mobo

16GBs of Ram

BeQuiet! Pure Rock CPU cooler

Sapphire r9 390

A case that you like

And for the PSU Any EVGA GS or G2, any XFX, Any SeaSonic, and any super flower.

As for 6 years I can't answer that. I can assume the Xeon will last 4-5 years before you feel as I you'd need an upgrade. Every two years on the GPU is what most people do.

My advice to you is whatever extra money you get. Say you get $50 a month. Take $15 of that and put it away. You never know what could happen with your PC. Some new game could come out that requires a GTX 980 Minimum to play in a few months. A hard drive could fail, you need more storage because you ran out. Don't say you'll upgrade every two years also. Just upgrade when you feel you need to upgrade. Like for me, if I had the money I'd go into 1440p gaming. I'd upgrade whenever I'm not getting Atleast 60FPS at medium settings. You could be different, you might only,want 30fps at ultra settings or what not.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)