The Final Two: Lian-Li PC-O8 or Corsair Air 540

Revan654

Lian-Li PC-O8 or Corsair Air 540, Which one would everyone go with? How good is the air flow and Noise level for these cases. I'll most likely be using Noctua or BeQuiet Fans.

Corsair: Have to add a Harddrive Bay since I have four 3.25 harddrives + 5.25 bays are side ways.

Lian-Li: Have to buy a Blu-Ray External Drive and find a Place to mount the ROG OC Pannel from Rampage Board.

Corsair: Decent Air Cooling case.

Lian-Li: Allot of space for Water Cooling or Air cooling.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

corsair because fuck imports

Lian li because aluminum and glass > plastic.

Really, the lian li is miles better.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Lian-Li PC-O8 or Corsair Air 540, Which one would everyone go with? How good is the air flow and Noise level for these cases. I'll most likely be using Noctua or BeQuiet Fans.

Corsair: Have to add a Harddrive Bay since I have four 3.25 harddrives + 5.25 bays are side ways.

Lian-Li: Have to buy a Blu-Ray External Drive and find a Place to mount the ROG OC Pannel from Rampage Board.

Corsair: Decent Air Cooling case.

Lian-Li: Allot of space for Water Cooling or Air cooling.

Ehh....

If you wanna wear gloves every time you touch your PC (because fingerprints) then get the lian-li

Otherwise the air 540 :P

I plan on getting the air 540 some time..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Lian li because aluminum and glass > plastic.

Really, the lian li is miles better.

because there's nothing better than accidentally breaking your side panel and having glass everywhere on your components

OP don't support those commies, unless ofc you are a commie

seriously though cases are a personal choice, we just can't make the decision for you.

because there's nothing better than accidentally breaking your side panel and having glass everywhere on your components

OP don't support those commies, unless ofc you are a commie

seriously though cases are a personal choice, we just can't make the decision for you.

Good luck breaking a peice of tempered glass acidentaly.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Neither both of those cases are massively overpriced and not good (imho).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Brushed aluminum and glass isnt cheap. Especialy for that quality

Ehh....

If you wanna wear gloves every time you touch your PC (because fingerprints) then get the lian-li

Otherwise the air 540 :P

I plan on getting the air 540 some time..

But brushed aluminum is so pretty.

Brushed plastic cant compare.

My new receiver is brushed aluminum, its nice.

SIDE NOTE:

Wow i really have to stop this habit of mine of putting each sentance on a different line with a space in between

Air 540 isnt expensive at all, usually ~$110-$115...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Air 540 isnt expensive at all, usually ~$110-$115...

Try more like 120-150 dollars, and even at the 100 dollar mark it would be overpriced for such a ugly bad airflow case (but hey it's not my style.)

I don't even want to think about the lian li cases. I never understood the appeal of them, likely never will.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Try more like 120-150 dollars, and even at the 100 dollar mark it would be overpriced for such a ugly bad airflow case (but hey it's not my style.)

I don't even want to think about the lian li cases. I never understood the appeal of them, likely never will.

The air 540 isn't ugly, and the airflow in it is pretty good...

If you want ugly take a look at spec-01, spec-02, and spec-03.. (Mainly the front grille)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Purchased mine for $115.

Maybe cube cases arent your thing :/

And what do you mean bad airflow? ITS LITERALLY MADE FOR IT, my PC runs cool as all hell and I havent even gotten my hands on any aftermarket fans yet

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Purchased mine for $115.

Maybe cube cases arent your thing :/

And what do you mean bad airflow? ITS LITERALLY MADE FOR IT, my PC runs cool as all hell and I havent even gotten my hands on any aftermarket fans yet

Black one is currently cheapest for 120 dollars, white cheapest is 140.

Cube cases aren't, but this thing has terrible airflow. IT WAS MADE FOR IT IN 2013, cases with 3x 120/140mm front intakes are now pretty standard and absolutely blow it away and those are available for even cheaper than the air 540 anyways. I mean even the now near top of the line mastercase pro 5 is only 140 dollars and supports 3x 140 intakes. 

(also on a side note its pretty freaking hilarious that the master case pro 5 has this in it's description "There’s also support for up to six 140mm fans through the case, unique for a mid-sized tower." when the Define S has support for up to 8 140mm fans in theory [but realistically 7 because the 140mm mount in front of the psu is rather hard to use most of the time] and the Define S is only 80 dollars)

I mean sure the 3 included 140s are quite the nice touch for stock cooling, but that's all you can put in anyways (outside of a 280 or smaller top that should only be used with AIO's). Also I don't use stock fans because they are loud and bad. So I guess the ability to add more total airflow is more important to me than what it comes with for default.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Black one is currently cheapest for 120 dollars, white cheapest is 140.

Cube cases aren't, but this thing has terrible airflow. IT WAS MADE FOR IT IN 2013, cases with 3x 120/140mm front intakes are now pretty standard and absolutely blow it away and those are available for even cheaper than the air 540 anyways. I mean even the now near top of the line mastercase pro 5 is only 140 dollars and supports 3x 140 intakes. 

(also on a side note its pretty freaking hilarious that the master case pro 5 has this in it's description "There’s also support for up to six 140mm fans through the case, unique for a mid-sized tower." when the Define S has support for up to 8 140mm fans in theory [but realistically 7 because the 140mm mount in front of the psu is rather hard to use most of the time] and the Define S is only 80 dollars)

I mean sure the 3 included 140s are quite the nice touch for stock cooling, but that's all you can put in anyways (outside of a 280 or smaller top that should only be used with AIO's). Also I don't use stock fans because they are loud and bad. So I guess the ability to add more total airflow is more important to me than what it comes with for default.

I dont get wot youre saying here, unless youre just trying to roast me or the case I have, in which case its not working.

Idk why youre trying to talk down on it when its a great case, yes sure there are other cases that compete with it and offer similar or better things but I dont know what that has to do with the quality and functionality of the case itself.

I dont get wot youre saying here, unless youre just trying to roast me or the case I have, in which case its not working.

Idk why youre trying to talk down on it when its a great case, yes sure there are other cases that compete with it and offer similar or better things but I dont know what that has to do with the quality and functionality of the case itself.

It's out of date and no longer makes sense for the price as it offers inferior usability and airflow to significantly cheaper products (like the define r5/s or NZXT h440).

It was a great case. It still is a good case (until you look at the competition within it's price range and below), but it no longer makes sense for a new buyer imho unless they are looking for very specific aesthetics in which case no feature set can justify the difference between the two cases in the OP in the first place.

It's nothing against you personally, it just isn't a good case for the price anymore.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

It's out of date and no longer makes sense for the price as it offers inferior usability and airflow to significantly cheaper products (like the define r5/s or NZXT h440).

It was a great case. It still is a good case (until you look at the competition within it's price range and below), but it no longer makes sense for a new buyer imho unless they are looking for very specific aesthetics in which case no feature set can justify the difference between the two cases in the OP in the first place.

It's nothing against you personally, it just isn't a good case for the price anymore.

I agree its old, its main selling point is that its one of the few ATX cubes out there, and from a reputable name. There are some more from reputable brands but then there are like those shitty knock offs :P

I agree its old, its main selling point is that its one of the few ATX cubes out there, and from a reputable name. There are some more from reputable brands but then there are like those shitty knock offs :P

Indeed, and if cube is a big deal, then the competition landscape changes a lot and it looks better comparatively.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I have the 540, go with the lian li.

Only good thing about the 540 is the space, the rest is meh, the lock clamps on the 3.5 hdd Bay is fragile as fuck, both of mine broke pretty fast.

The 2.5 cage in the back is OK I guess but you won't fit the thicker 2.5's In it, it's mostly for ssd's.

Hmmm fan filter is great.. Easy to clean.

Front panel is good.

The plastic/rubber material layer on the outside is nice.

I hate the giant plastic window.

The 5.25 drive bay can't fit my punp/res unit because it was designed to hold CD drives and such. Big bummer.

Oh and there are some stupid holes underneath the case, exactly under the 3.5 mount. Corsair cheap out and just bent the metal in wards I think, my non included fan filter won't fit due to a bump.

Oh and there is this pointless grill on the top and front that makes no sense, especially in the front because the fan filter is behind d it.

There are also a bunch of stupid bumps that prevents certain radiators to be mounted.

You beleive the h440 has better airflow than a 540? You might be alone on that one.

Cube cases are made for airflow. And if you dont think the airflow is adequate just slap 10 fans in it like i did.

The lian-li might look better, but $400 for a case is STEEP!

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

You beleive the h440 has better airflow than a 540? You might be alone on that one.

Cube cases are made for airflow. And if you dont think the airflow is adequate just slap 10 fans in it like i did.

The lian-li might look better, but $400 for a case is STEEP!

By default the maxmium airflow allowed in the air 540 is massively hamstringed by the low amount of fan mounts available. Even the h440 has a much higher non-modded maximum airflow due to the superior intake fan mountings. Cases with 3x 140mm mounts like the define S and mastercase pro 5 are in another class altogether.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

By default the maxmium airflow allowed in the air 540 is massively hamstringed by the low amount of fan mounts available. Even the h440 has a much higher non-modded maximum airflow due to the superior intake fan mountings. Cases with 3x 140mm mounts like the define S and mastercase pro 5 are in another class altogether.

The 540 can do 2x140mm or 3x120mm, same as the h440. The difference is that 540 is much more open. The H440s front panel forces air to be drawn for the sides and has drive bays and the PSU shroud impeding airflow. There are plenty of threads with users having temp issues with SLI/Crossifre setups.

Dont get me wrong, the air 540 is far from perfect and its not for everyone. And yes the h440 is a great and a really popular case, but airflow isnt its strong suit.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s