XFX 390

Drackeo

So im looking to get one of these to water cool. But i wana get the full cover end to end GPU WB from EKWBs. But on the compatibility it has something about new inductors (go to the configure tool)? And the "New Inductors" models of the 390 dont fit the 290/x waterblock that fits the xfx 390. Im wondering if theres any way to tell what GPU is the one with the new inductors? Or how can i avoid getting the new inductors model?

ps looks like th part # is the same...???? idk

Consume The Darkness

• 2 weeks later...

Did you find something out yet? I am having exactly the same issue.

So im looking to get one of these to water cool. But i wana get the full cover end to end GPU WB from EKWBs. But on the compatibility it has something about new inductors (go to the configure tool)? And the "New Inductors" models of the 390 dont fit the 290/x waterblock that fits the xfx 390. Im wondering if theres any way to tell what GPU is the one with the new inductors? Or how can i avoid getting the new inductors model?

ps looks like th part # is the same...???? idk

XFX almost always uses reference PCB... their cards can be used with most waterblocks.

go to EKWBs site, they have a handy tool that will tell you what you can get or not.

XFX almost always uses reference PCB... their cards can be used with most waterblocks.

go to EKWBs site, they have a handy tool that will tell you what you can get or not.

The problem is that on there own website they list the new inductors as a different card with the came part number. The card with the new inductors isnt compatable with the waterblock. But the one with the old inductors is??? just go and look at it.

Did you find something out yet? I am having exactly the same issue

Sadly i havnt. i even tryed to contact XFX over it and i didnt get a reply back at all.

Consume The Darkness

The problem is that on there own website they list the new inductors as a different card with the came part number. The card with the new inductors isnt compatable with the waterblock. But the one with the old inductors is??? just go and look at it.

Sadly i havnt. i even tryed to contact XFX over it and i didnt get a reply back at all.

It is confirmed that the waterblock doesn't fit with the new inductors. However, you could possibly dremel the waterblock to fit - of course removing any warranty and taking the risk of damaging the block.

It's really sad. I was so keen on getting a 390 CF watercooled setup. I now turned to two 390 G1's. I'll upgrade/change that to a Fury around New Years, leave one G1 for a friend and one for my guest pc. Of course you could try to find DD's with the old inductors by specifically asking for it, worth a shot anyways.

It is confirmed that the waterblock doesn't fit with the new inductors. However, you could possibly dremel the waterblock to fit - of course removing any warranty and taking the risk of damaging the block.

It's really sad. I was so keen on getting a 390 CF watercooled setup. I now turned to two 390 G1's. I'll upgrade/change that to a Fury around New Years, leave one G1 for a friend and one for my guest pc. Of course you could try to find DD's with the old inductors by specifically asking for it, worth a shot anyways.

The 290/x water block that the 390 and 390x both use dont fit on any of the gigabyte models. Also im not that keen on the idea of attacking a new piece of tech with a dermel or anything like that lol :P:)

I dont even know how im going to find that. I love the look of XFX cooler and i wanted one to mount to my wall :") but idk im going to look for other options unless i find a way to check that inducter shit thing. 

Consume The Darkness